Introduction of new fees by condo committee

This is not a special assessment - it is a monthly charge if you use sufficient water to receive a water bill every month. As far as I can see from a quick look at the regulations, they only provide for the sinking fund going below 30% of the original fund which was not the case when this charge was introduced.

Alan

I have also thought of another discrepancy with the way the trash charge is made.

Lets assume that the water bills are calculated at the end of every month.

You the co-owner or tenant, stays for a week at the condo using the water

from a few days before the month ends and a few days in to the new month,

generating water usage in both months.

This will then lead to an additional 2 x 50bt trash fees for staying in the condo

for only 1 week.

Where as other co-owners would pay the same charge for staying in their condo

for 2 months.

That doesn't seem very fair, does it.

Also,

What about double or triple room condos that have a separate water meter

for each room.

They will incur 2 or 3 lots of trash charges per month only because

of the way the water pipework is laid during construction, although only one owner

is occupying the condo with the same trash volume as a single owner in a studio.

Edited by sotsira

This is not a special assessment - it is a monthly charge if you use sufficient water to receive a water bill every month. As far as I can see from a quick look at the regulations, they only provide for the sinking fund going below 30% of the original fund which was not the case when this charge was introduced.

Alan

I have also thought of another discrepancy with the way the trash charge is made.

Lets assume that the water bills are calculated at the end of every month.

You the co-owner or tenant, stays for a week at the condo using the water

from a few days before the month ends and a few days in to the new month,

generating water usage in both months.

This will then lead to an additional 2 x 50bt trash fees for staying in the condo

for only 1 week.

Where as other co-owners would pay the same charge for staying in their condo

for 2 months.

That doesn't seem very fair, does it.

Also,

What about double or triple room condos that have a separate water meter

for each room.

They will incur 2 or 3 lots of trash charges per month only because

of the way the water pipework is laid during construction, although only one owner

is occupying the condo with the same trash volume as a single owner in a studio.

The water where I live is charged by the cubic metre but it is quite possible for someone to get a bill in successive months if they are only in residence for a week or so.

I live with my girlfriend in a 2 room condo so now get charged 100 baht per month as this "trash" charge (50 baht per room). Yet, another farang on the same floor as me lives in a studio unit with his wife and young son. We probably generate the same amount of trash or a bit less than he does, yet I am paying twice what he is paying.

Alan