Good quality headphones in CM?

pingpingping

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a store that has good quality headphones...not fake beatzz yo!

ear-tips at the Nim City shopping plaza has a pretty good selection including some very highend/highpriced models. They carry Sennheiser, Grado, Beyerdyanmic, Stax, AKG, etc and let you take your time auditioning them. https://www.facebook.com/EartipsChiangmai

Edited by AngelsLariat

Thinking sennheisers - any idea on prices compared to North America?

I did price those out before but don't remember the exact numbers. If memory serves, phones such as the Sennheiser HD650 and HD800 were perhaps 10% more expensive than what they sell for at Amazon.com. That, however, was without trying to bargain for a better price. For what it's worth (probably not much), I wound up selecting the Philips Fidelio X1 headphones over the Sennheisers.

Edited by AngelsLariat

Thinking sennheisers - any idea on prices compared to North America?

At the link below are Sennheiser prices from a shop in Bangkok that I think is a partner business to ear-tips of Chiang Mai. Most likely you would be able to get the same prices at ear-tips. As for the comparison to US prices, the listing below is showing Sennheiser HD650's at 14,000 baht (US$447); Amazon.com in the US is selling the same headphones for $499.95.

http://www.jetliveaudio.com/index.php?mo=29&keyword=Sennheiser

Edited by AngelsLariat

iLuv City lights

they are earbuds, but i guarantee you they are the best bang for the buck.

Excellent bass response and only $7 plus shipping...dont let the price fool you

I have 3 world records for car stereo SPL...

Just noticed - and thought of this thread - in Airport Plaza on 3rd floor in the foyer bit near the loos (down a bit from True same side almost at the end of the wing) there is a kiosk shop that only sells quality headphones - many kinds - maybe worth a look (they say they are all real, not fake).

Just noticed - and thought of this thread - in Airport Plaza on 3rd floor in the foyer bit near the loos (down a bit from True same side almost at the end of the wing) there is a kiosk shop that only sells quality headphones - many kinds - maybe worth a look (they say they are all real, not fake).

That kiosk is operated by the ear-tips shop at Nim City. Often they will suggest to customers that they go to the Nim City shop to demo the headphones.

Neo also has some good headphones in stock too but not nearly as wide of a selection.

Edited by AngelsLariat

I always get my earphones from this place in Bangkok called "Munkong Gadget" .. they do postal orders to Chiang Mai as well.

Website: http://www.munkonggadget.com/?lang=th (a bit tacky and in Thai, but you can do a quick search on the left hand side bar based on brands)

I am a little bit douchy with earphones but Munkong stocks most of the earphones you can possibly think of getting in the world although sometimes you have to do back orders.

Here are the Sennheiser's (and prices)

http://www.munkonggadget.com/product_164487.164489_th

Edited by infernalman7

Sennheiser all the way. For buds, have a pair of CX215s (from IT City I think, though could have been Apple) at Airport Plaza. Excellent, plenty of low low bottom end, though not to the colouration of the much ballyhooed CX300s, and still going strong after two years -- 1700 baht ish. Also have a pair of monitor phones from the 1990s by Sennheiser that are still going strong, albeit with deteriorated foam pads.

re

was closed when i went there today

i went back this morning and a helpfull

young fella with good english and knew his

stuff

didnt have what i wanted but he said

if i go over to chi chang in promenada

mall they have lots of bluetooth

headphones so ill be off over there ?

dave2

ps .. i asked chiang mai land , pantip

airport etc but he said no !