AA insurance Meechoke

alobar

Went by to check on a rumor, and they have vacated. They left only a Pattaya phone number from the 'parent' organization. I called to find out what happened and if my policy was still intact etc. they were of no help.

Called my previous account manager on his cell phone and he was not forthcoming?

Anyone have any encouraging news?

I had a policy through them and found the service to be really awful. However your policy is with an

Insurance Company so it will stay in effect no matter what happens to the broker. Of course come renewal

time you might have a problem locating the Insurance Company's office here in town and deal with

them directly. The only problem I see at moment is that if you paid for policy recently there might be

chance that AA didn't pay the Insurance Company and though your might have some paperwork it won't

mean you are actually insured.

• Like 1

TIT, companies, foodstalls, bars and you name it, they come and they go. Never trusted that guy at Meechock Chiang Mai and now for once I probably made the right decision to stay with my (car) insurrance AIOI.

Nothing is perfect.

Hope you didn't get ripped of.

Don't know who "that guy at Meechok" is you are referring to. But the company is solid. Peter in Chonburi is the principal. Have been dealing with him for years. Just communicated with him yesterday.

Any questions, just contact him. I don't think anyone will mind if I post the contact details, but I won't include the email address per forum rules. I'm sure he will sort out everything.

AA INSURANCE BROKERS CO., LTD.
565 / 62 Moo 10 (Next to Big C - South)
Nong Prue,
Banglamung,
Chonburi 20260
Tel: 038 415 795-6
Fax: 038 374 251
E-mail:
Web: www.aainsure.net

• Like 1

Went by to check on a rumor, and they have vacated. They left only a Pattaya phone number from the 'parent' organization. I called to find out what happened and if my policy was still intact etc. they were of no help.

Called my previous account manager on his cell phone and he was not forthcoming?

Who is "he"? There were always Thai ladies there. There was a guy (farang) long ago, but he was corrupt and has been gone for ages.

Who is "he"? There were always Thai ladies there. There was a guy (farang) long ago, but he was corrupt and has been gone for ages.

Well he was a Scouser and seemed to spend most of the day at Kellys next door stuffing his face .

Lately there was one young Thai girl there ,who was on the ball ,and seemed to know what she was doing .The AA office down in Pattayas is much bigger with a lot of employees .

i just paid 30k baht for a car policy and got the paperwork the following day (as they were clearing out the office) so I don't think there is anything to worry about. I guess some of us wont mind dealing with the Pattaya office (where they are very quick to deal with emails etc) and those who require the personal touch will have to look elsewhere.

Apologies for that as the phone should have been answered. The office (from yesterday) has been close early as the staff has been offered a position in the USA and a new improved location has yet be arranged.

This came to us in rather a rush but it makes no difference to any of our many customers in Chiang Mai and the North – all business can be conducted over the internet (as before).

From a positive viewpoint, it save a journey out to the office !

For all inquiries please go HERE and for quotes HERE

Seems like they would make a better effort to contact customers. I bought ACS insurance through them. ACS has paid off. I've been happy with it, but on several occasions, it took a local broker to get answers to questions/provide phone numbers, etc. I'll probably keep the ACS insurance, but through another local broker.

I find the brokers here are just really sales people (who don't know their product). The service I've had included them coming to my house to collect the next policies payment or pick-up the paperwork for them to get me a new tax sticker for my car. But I was usually just told me I had to contact the main office for anything more or at least I had to to get anything done correctly. Pretty much the same as with most things here, you can get a nice smile and simple thing done but don't expect professionalism.

Edited by junglechef

i just paid 30k baht for a car policy and got the paperwork the following day (as they were clearing out the office) so I don't think there is anything to worry about. I guess some of us wont mind dealing with the Pattaya office (where they are very quick to deal with emails etc) and those who require the personal touch will have to look elsewhere.

30k seems like a huge premium. Were you covering something very high end, if you don't mind me asking?

30k seems like a huge premium. Were you covering something very high end, if you don't mind me asking?

Wish I could get away with only 30k, just paid out close to 50k

Don't want to hijack the thread but as AA has now got its act together and sent out a notice to current customers maybe it doesn't matter.

My car D-Max 3L Diesel 4 door 2008 - 1st class premium 12,000 baht a year. Highest I paid when starting the policy was about 15,000 if I remember rightly. I guess a brand new 1.5m vehicle would double that but 50k?

What do other readers pay?

Don't want to hijack the thread but as AA has now got its act together and sent out a notice to current customers maybe it doesn't matter.

My car D-Max 3L Diesel 4 door 2008 - 1st class premium 12,000 baht a year. Highest I paid when starting the policy was about 15,000 if I remember rightly. I guess a brand new 1.5m vehicle would double that but 50k?

What do other readers pay?

same same