Dukes Promenada

Lobo4819

• 3 weeks later...

Not much point in rushing it with the amount of customers there. I hope they got a nice discount on the rent for the first year.

The place has been chock-a-block every time I've been there.

It will do well.

We must have differing definitions of "chock a block".

It has never really seemed to be full of a lot of people the three times I was there but the parking lots were full.

WTK what do you mean the parking situation will be easier. Are they building another parking lot. They could make the one on the end of the mall heading back to the airport into a multi floored one. But it is quite a distance to walk especially if you have been shopping at Rimping.

Looking forward to the Dukes there will be able to catch a movie followed up with a great meal and perhaps a little grocery shopping. I do hope that Rimping puts in decent lights. I admit the lighting system they have is great if you want Ambiance but I prefer the same quality of lighting I get at there river branch. Come to think of it their lighting is just a little brighter than Dukes on the river.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edit

If I didn't change the spelling some one might rightly get the idea I can't spell with out a spell checker.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by hellodolly

Not much point in rushing it with the amount of customers there. I hope they got a nice discount on the rent for the first year.

The place has been chock-a-block every time I've been there.

It will do well.

We must have differing definitions of "chock a block".

Must have. Was packed when i was there.

WTK what do you mean the parking situation will be easier.

I mean that the one on the river has no designated parking at all, other than what happens to be open along the road.

So in comparison, even Prom is better.

Duke's is one of those places where I only semi-commit to go for dinner, and if there's no parking then I just drive on.

I do that a lot actually. Yesterday I pulled in to Jiang on the moat and it was completely full, not just the parking but the restaurant too.. so I drive on.

It's Chiang Mai: where it's always an easy curb-crawl for food. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Open yet? Anyone know?

He had the Monks in the other day to bless the place.

Hope he paid them a little extra to bless the parking lots and make them grow. I have never been there when it was full chuk a blockl or what ever that is but I have been there two out of three times when the parking lot was.

WTK I don't think you are looking at the situation rite. You can easily find a parking spot for Dukes at the Promenada and still have to walk farther than if you have to park a way from the Dukes. We have never had to go farther than the Iron bridge.

We were in the airport mall yesterday see a movie (pain and gain) I want my money backsad.png ate at the Tops food court and got the last of the Pepsi Max and a case of Blue soda water. I waited out side the store for the car to come by and I will be dammed if I can see where they are losing customers to the Promenada. Even had to wait for a table at the food court.wai2.gif

We should be open next week. We are hooking up the gas and we had to bring up the quality of the wiring and the last hood is taking some time. Other than a few other small things we are ready to go. The mall is also looking great. They could use a few more shops but it is coming along. Parking during the week is easy and on the weekends look to the outside lot and there are always spots available and there is a couple of elevators by the loading dock.

• Like 2

We should be open next week. We are hooking up the gas and we had to bring up the quality of the wiring and the last hood is taking some time. Other than a few other small things we are ready to go. The mall is also looking great. They could use a few more shops but it is coming along. Parking during the week is easy and on the weekends look to the outside lot and there are always spots available and there is a couple of elevators by the loading dock.

Look forward to it.

Was good having a "sit down" with you tonight about it all anyway. wink.png

BTW. Love those new "rib sliders", should be a smash hit.

Any recent updates on Promenada? Is it still not worth to go there because half of it is not even open or it has changed?

Thank you

Not much to do there but drink coffee or see a movie.

And this differs from other malls how?

Do they have any thing there other than the theater and Rimping to act as an anchor such as Robinson's?

Sorry Dave I wish Dukes was big enough to serve as an anchor but alas you just don't have the space.sad.png

Any recent updates on Promenada? Is it still not worth to go there because half of it is not even open or it has changed?

Thank you

Do they have any thing there other than the theater and Rimping to act as an anchor such as Robinson's?

No and that's my point. Rimping is superb but the rest of the place is a large wasted space of numerous coffee shops and snack bars as well as some Thai buffet style restaurants. There are no shops I would ever buy anything from there; some small boutique shops and places selling cheap mobile accessories, etc. IT City has gone downhill lately in all of their locations and I would not buy from them again. The cinema was nice (especially the 3D) but more expensive than in Europe!

Personally I hate malls but when I go to Airport Plaza I can find some shops that I do business with and can get in and out in 30 minutes or so. My family does not like wasting time is malls either so getting in and out quickly is a concern for us.

I wish Dave and the new Dukes all the best of course!

No and that's my point. Rimping is superb but the rest of the place is a large wasted space of numerous coffee shops and snack bars as well as some Thai buffet style restaurants. There are no shops I would ever buy anything from there; some small boutique shops and places selling cheap mobile accessories, etc. IT City has gone downhill lately in all of their locations and I would not buy from them again. The cinema was nice (especially the 3D) but more expensive than in Europe!

Personally I hate malls but when I go to Airport Plaza I can find some shops that I do business with and can get in and out in 30 minutes or so. My family does not like wasting time is malls either so getting in and out quickly is a concern for us.

I wish Dave and the new Dukes all the best of course!

Are the shops all just cheap stuff.

Edited by northernjohn