Pattaya Tourist Police round up beggars, Ladyboys and flower sellers

Rimmer

Pattaya Tourist Police round up beggars, Ladyboys and flower sellers

tp-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--In a bid to rid the streets of those who either cause inconvenience or may commit a crime against tourists, the Pattaya Division of the Tourist Police rounded up 46 individuals in the early hours of Saturday.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Arun, the Inspector-in-Charge of the Pattaya Tourist Police, announced the results of the evenings operation in front of the Tourist Police Station just after 1am on Saturday and confirmed that the Tourist Police in Pattaya will be stepping up their patrols as the High Season months approach. They will also remove from the streets those who have the potential of engaging in criminal activities against tourists and others who may harass tourists and potentially spoil their holiday in Pattaya.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/97867/pattaya-tourist-police-beggars-ladyboys-flower-sellers/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-04

It's nifty how they segregated them into the three distinct groups for the photograph. Posted Image

having the ladyboys sitting down the front would be too much information:lol:

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The BIB have done a brave and courageous thing at last!

Three of my five phobias have been removed by the BIB so I'll feel so much safer on Walking Street tonight with these villains reduced in number.

Parthenophobia, anthophobia, and transphobia are a bugger to live with in Patts.

If I could only cure my gymnophobia and gynophobia I'd probably enjoy the place a lot more. w00t.gif

• Like 1

The potential for an elderly flower seller to spoil your Pattaya holiday is obviously enormous .

yeah ..i was wondering about this myself what negative impact they have, besides maybe overcharging every now and then.

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).

Edited by 4evermaat

The potential for an elderly flower seller to spoil your Pattaya holiday is obviously enormous .

I did see an elderly lady flower seller repeatedly whacking a bloke over the head with a bunch of roses once, and then a gogo bouncer made the poor sod buy the bunch of mangled flowers - not sure why the incident developed but it was good for a laugh.

Common you guys, when they do not do anything many complain, when they do, do something many complain again.

Sure its not a big deal and will be let off with 100 baht fines, but the more often they do this and the cleaner the streets will be as all those fined numerous times would be more careful.

They did it a few times with those with little monkeys and now i have not seen one for months if not longer, though i must say the little monkey's were adorable

Absolutely, totally agree....

I have mentioned in another ( deleted) post that I live amongst these Isaan people on the East side...They get home late in the morning..Pay for the new flowers themselves when they are delivered uncut before preparing them for selling before grabbing a kip in readiness for the next shift....Lovely, lovely people that make a pittance and run the risk of jail...

• Like 1

You've obviously never encountered those flower sellers who push the flowers in your face and while you're distracted pick your pockets.

Edited by jbrain

Why not just put everyone in jail, Just in case they may distract you, while a lady boy robs you?

I wouldnt mind seeing a few of the ladyboys off the street, but how do you charge people for having a potential for committing a crime? How long will they be off the street? What are they going to do for money, get a job??

• Like 1

They will also remove from the streets those who have the potential of engaging in criminal activities against tourists and others who may harass tourists and potentially spoil their holiday in Pattaya.

​When are they going to round up all those annoying well tanned gentlemen who seem to button hole you as you pass their emporium selling bespoke tailoring?

Amazing. They roundup a sweet old lady selling roses, and I still have to fight my way past the tailors. Yep, the scourge of Pattaya, the Florist. They really scare the hell out of me. Are we nuts?

I wish they'd included those annoying old ladies with the boxes of lottery tickets. They are another category presenting a huge 'threat to tourist safety'. Good job that the gays and communists don't come with identification stickers or they would be in the mix no doubt.

Rounding up lady boys seems to be a routine part of Pattaya policing.

It is a win win for the police, as the fines help pay for karaoke that night,

and the brief period the lady boys are off the streets will reduce crime

as well. But how in the name of god did old lady flower sellers get lumped in as

members of a high crime group ???? Would love to see the jet ski scammers

rounded up the same way, but I guess that will never happen.... :-)

You've obviously never encountered those flower sellers who push the flowers in your face and while you're distracted pick your pockets.

Nope, in over a decade in Pattaya I've never encountered such a flower seller. Are you always drunk when outdoors and therefore a target for these types?

Rounding up lady boys seems to be a routine part of Pattaya policing.

It is a win win for the police, as the fines help pay for karaoke that night,

and the brief period the lady boys are off the streets will reduce crime

as well. But how in the name of god did old lady flower sellers get lumped in as

members of a high crime group ???? Would love to see the jet ski scammers

rounded up the same way, but I guess that will never happen.... :-)

I think it's more for the free hummers in the back of the station. All Thai guys know who give the best such services (and many farangs too).