Fujitsu Air Conditioners

Bpuumike

Hello,

I am about to fit a new house with air cons

Does anyone have experience with Fujitsu here in Thailand? They seem to be very rarely mentioned in the threads I have found.

The reason I ask about Fujitsu is that I have been running one unit in Spain for 12 years without a single problem, in fact it has never needed to be 'gassed up'.

So it is extremely reliable, quiet and efficient and would appreciate any comments on them in Thailand.

What you have seen in another country has little relevance here. Service, installation and even the models and their construction differ to those in other countries. I think are better off looking at what is available here and then making the choice on service availabity and the experiences of others using the product here.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Old thread, but seeing as Fujitsu manufactures in Thailand and exports worldwide, I maintain the poster's question is valid. Daikin and Mistubishi both sell in Thailand but Fujitsu's record appears to be better than those companies. Inverter AC units seem to be the only variety one can get these days and the big issue appears to be the ability of the inverter board to withstand the constant punishment of brownouts and corrosion caused by condensation. Fujitsu appears to be a manufacturer with good product that has not been marketed well. Customer service and maintenance appear to be considerably better than Daikin and Mitsu based upon the reports I have been reading. TRANE has a dismal record throughout the world. I would avoid TRANE no matter what.

Can't speak for their reliability, but just had a look at some of their spec, and they sure are power hungry by today's standards...

Their 9K BTU units draw 740/760 watts respectively - as a comparison, modern inverters at this size draw: 430 watts (the ridiculously pricey Daikin urusara), 470 watts (Saijo Denki hybrid), 490 watts (Daikin smart r32).

Their 18K BTU unit draws 1600 watts - compared to 1150w (urusara), 1130w (Saijo hybrid), and 1240w (smart r32).

Edited by IMHO