Visa For Filipina

My Pattaya neighbour is a filipina who is here for a year with her australian boyfriend. he goes home for a months work then returns for a month. he sends her money to a thai bank account he has opened for her. At the moment she is on a 30 day visa-free entry. she doesnt want to do a visa run to cambodia every 30 days and I assume she has to leave the country to get a 60/90/1 year visa. Where is the closest place she could go and what would be her chances of success? She is concerned that after 5 or 6 border runs they may figure she is working here illegally, tho I suggested she should take her bank book with her to show overseas remittances and no other money going in to account. Any suggestions, please?

If she is on the 30 day visa free entry then she has little option but to

leave the country.

The easiest place for her to get a visa would be Manilla, but even then I am not sure the embassy would grant more than a tourist visa, as she

has no recognised status in Thailand. IMHO the remittance of money to her will not assist at all.

Penang might grant a tourist visa, but others will have to advise on that.

Just my two Pesos worth. Forget the Thai Embassy in Manila, they are not easy to get along with. In the past I argued with the visa counter staff, who were in fact locals, and politely requested to speak directly to the Consul. Request denied and also Visa denied.

I can understand her fears of doing a monthly Visa run to the border, but I can assure you I know Filipinas who have done it regularly for many many years and have no problems at all !!

Should be possible to networking with the many other Filipinos who live in LOS.

Many get a double entry Tourist Visa in Penang or do a VisaRun monthly.

Cheaper for them as they do not pay for the Cambodian Visa.

Have many friends who do the run monthly and never had any problem , in fact Immigration official "like/prefer " them as they never overstay, always on time or even a day earlier .

Many go on Sundays by special rented vans and enjoy a day out of town , combined with a VisaRun.

• 2 weeks later...
Should be possible to networking with the many other Filipinos who live in LOS.

Many get a double entry Tourist Visa in Penang or do a VisaRun monthly.

Cheaper for them as they do not pay for the Cambodian Visa.

Have many friends who do the run monthly and never had any problem , in fact Immigration official "like/prefer " them as they never overstay, always on time or even a day earlier .

Many go on Sundays by special rented vans and enjoy a day out of town , combined with a VisaRun.

Just make sure she takes 10,000 baht show money.