GMM wins UEFA 2016 broadcasting rights

Lite Beer

GMM wins UEFA 2016 broadcasting rights
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- GMM Grammy on Friday signed a contract to broadcast the UEFA Euro 2016 event from Paris, France.

Under the contract, during June 10-July 10, it will broadcast 51 matches via GMM Z platform.

"Obtaining the license will stimulate viewing demand in the market as well as strengthen the company's wherewithal to compete and thus will help increase revenue and create added value to the company's satellite television business," said Premon Pinskul, chief financial officer.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-04

• Like 1

Does this mean we'll need another sat dish and box

and subscription off coarse.Posted Image

Naturally,but on the plus side,GMM is at present only baht 3600 a year for the top package which if like me you like to watch Eurosport it's not a bad price after all that's with a massive 4HD channels I add.

and subscription off coarse.rolleyes.gif

The Euros and the World Cup normally insist that the matches can also be viewed on 'free-to-air' TV. This was the case in the Euro 2012. Grammy had the rights, but the games were also live on Channels 3/7/9. The controversy was that they wouldn't let the games be shown via Truevisions, so they were blacked out Channels 3/7/11 for anyone who only had True.

It will be interesting to see what happens this time, especially now that CTH is also in the market.

Naturally,but on the plus side,GMM is at present only baht 3600 a year for the top package which if like me you like to watch Eurosport it's not a bad price after all that's with a massive 4HD channels I add.

Stoney, did you buy that thinking that the scammers would be in the championship ?

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Stoney, did you buy that thinking that the scammers would be in the championship ?

I can see your logic,but alas I've been following the Tour De France.

Just out of interest it seems GMM have now added and are testing many new channels including many that are on CTH including sky news HD,fox action movies HD star world HD and many more,I can seethe subscription jumping up in price soon.

• 2 weeks later...

They have new packages, gold and platinum. Eurosport on gold, only 199b/month or 1499b/year. Does that include those 4 HD channels if You have HD box?

http://www.gmmz.tv/

They have new packages, gold and platinum. Eurosport on gold, only 199b/month or 1499b/year. Does that include those 4 HD channels if You have HD box?

http://www.gmmz.tv/

To be honest I'm pretty lost with it at the moment,all told I paid 4,000 baht for the dish,HD box and installation,and was told I will receive the top package for one year which at the time was only the 4 HD channels,but now they have added all the new channels like Sky News HD,Fox Action movies HD, around 17 HD channels I believe.

The new channels state test run in the corner so it may only be a matter of time before they get pulled or the price will increase,either way at present I'm on a winner,it all depends on how much of an increase thy will be looking to make.

• Like 1