State forces blamed for murder of six at temple site in 2010 protest

webfact

State forces blamed for murder of six at temple site in 2010 protest
By English News

13757720723205.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 6 – The Bangkok South Criminal Court ruled today that six people killed in a temple compound during the 2010 political protest were shot by bullets from government authorities.

Based on an autopsy report, the court said the six victims were killed by .223 high velocity bullets from the direction of government forces on a BTS skytrain station in front of Wat Pathum Wanaram on Rama I Road – a restricted area under the order of the now-defunct Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation.

Their bodies were found in the temple premise on May 19, 2010. They were identified as Suwan Sriraksa, Attachai Chumchan, Mongkol Kemthong, Rop Suksathit, Ms Kamolket Akhard and Akkradej Khankaew.

The court said the six victims were not believed to be involved in arms possession as the autopsy did not find gunshot residue on their fingers.

“It is believed that they did not fire in retaliation. Neither was there any confiscation of weapons from them and there was no men in black involved,” said the court.

The six were among nearly 100 people killed in the political upheaval in Bangkok’s shopping vicinity of Rajprasong and Rajdamnern Avenue in 2010 during an anti-government protest by the United Front for Democracy (UDD), a hardcore Red Shirt group. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-08-06

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wat Pathum Wanaran victims killed by soldiers: Criminal Court

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court ruled on Tuesday that the six individuals who were killed at Wat Pathum Wanaram during the 2010 political violence were fatally wounded by bullets fired by the state authorities.

The Court said the victims were killed by 5.56mm high velocity bullets fired by soldiers stationed on Skytrain on Rama I Road.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-08-06

No men in black involved? What a surprise :)

I look forward to read the (renewed) theories of the most obsessed anti-government TV members about this matter :)

The court was bought Thaksin himself?

The judges were pressured by red shirts?

The men in black stole military uniforms before to shoot their own people?

A secret red underground service photoshopped all pictures taken that day and made the men in black disappear from the court's evidences?

I am curious to read, really. There is a lot of creativity among TV members.

On my side I am among the ones who would like AV and Suthep take responsibility for this massacre.

Reconciliation for all... Except these two.

• Like 2

Truth will out...................

Some on here will not accept it, but there it is, medics shot in cold blood by the authorities.

Let's see how the Courts take this further, but it cannot be a surprise to anyone, why there is such deep division in the country.

Hopefully TV only has one poster is daft enough to believe that. These thugs were as innocent as the ones who created a fiasco at the hospital.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 1

Some on here will not accept it, but there it is, medics shot in cold blood by the authorities.

Let's see how the Courts take this further, but it cannot be a surprise to anyone, why there is such deep division in the country.

Hopefully TV only has one poster is daft enough to believe that. These thugs were as innocent as the ones who created a fiasco at the hospital.

The unarmed nurse ???

Daft eh ???

Hmm lets see, blame on the authorities, lets see how many decide not to trust the judges in this case. Pick and choose pick and choose. Decision in favor of red shirts= corrupt judges etc ruling against them= the courts are the incorruptible the final barrier against TS dictatorship bla bla...

This thread will die a death anyway, if they found them innocent it would already be 10 pages long.

No surprise there.

Has the DSI found any black shirt guilty of any thing?

What are the chances of that happening?

It was my understanding that their was some army fire arms found with the red shirts.

I taped a guy with red scarf shooting with an m-16 towards the soldiers in front of the intersection pathunam, but guess the police never did anything, and the DSI took the tape from my mobile and never got back to me even when I asked them

• Like 1

No surprise there.

It was my understanding that their was some army fire arms found with the red shirts.

I taped a guy with red scarf shooting with an m-16 towards the soldiers in front of the intersection pathunam, but guess the police never did anything, and the DSI took the tape from my mobile and never got back to me even when I asked them

Interesting observation is that when I search you tube in Thailand, I can't find half the videos I can access while in Korea. Looks like a lot of things are removed/monitored etc. Hope people continue to spread what is available or re-post it. No hiding what animals the red shirt thugs were the other year, even by trying to censor it, internet savvy people can still access it. Hard to control the masses here like they once could; like in China or north korea.

• Like 1

steal their guns, don't take warning and remain in a firing zone. Stay in the temple to play innocent and dodge bullets after throwing molotovs? Got what they deserved; no need to blame soldiers or abhisit.

gemini81.

So with these facts why did you not present them to the inquiry or are you just another fool that thinks Ahisit and Co are completely innocent of all and every crime commited in the past in Thailand.

The truth of course is in reality your just guessing and actually know nothing, typical of Thaivisa posters.

thanks for the name calling and typical red shirt response; and for steering it around to "everything in the past" which is not what we're even talking about.

Abhisit has a much more credible record; you seem unable to dispute that and give examples. This 'charge the ex PM with murder' is a cheap way for PT to keep adversaries at bay to continue the kleptocracy.

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 2

I agree with you completely on no surprise to the deep division in the country. Unlike other countries with different divisions Thailand can be narrowed down to one word.

Thaksinsad.png

It is simply amazing how one man who can control a Government in a country he can only legally enter by accepting a two year prison sentence which he knows would be a 5 star accommodation for him.

It helps when your sister is the Prime Minister of the country.whistling.gif

I did not see in this article what Army unit these weapons came from. Surly the courts retrieved from that units armory and identified the weapons through ballistics tests and know exactly who/what soldiers fired these deadly shots.

The unarmed nurse ???

Daft eh ???

And what are her mother's wishes?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No surprise there.

Interesting observation is that when I search you tube in Thailand, I can't find half the videos I can access while in Korea. Looks like a lot of things are removed/monitored etc. Hope people continue to spread what is available or re-post it. No hiding what animals the red shirt thugs were the other year, even by trying to censor it, internet savvy people can still access it. Hard to control the masses here like they once could; like in China or north korea.

TOR is your friend against censorship. wai2.gif

No men in black involved? What a surprise smile.png

I look forward to read the (renewed) theories of the most obsessed anti-government TV members about this matter smile.png

The court was bought Thaksin himself?

The judges were pressured by red shirts?

The men in black stole military uniforms before to shoot their own people?

A secret red underground service photoshopped all pictures taken that day and made the men in black disappear from the court's evidences?

I am curious to read, really. There is a lot of creativity among TV members.

On my side I am among the ones who would like AV and Suthep take responsibility for this massacre.

Reconciliation for all... Except these two.

What do you want them to take responsibility for? Do you know which orders they gave, if any?

Do you think AV/ST gave orders to go and kill unarmed protesters? If you do, what would be their motive?

The autopsy reports showed the caliber of weapons used, but both sides had the same weapons. What is however lacking in the English news reports are the fact of the balistics. The soldiers was in an elavated position and thus shot downwards. A dead give away (no pun intended). Remember the foreign nurse was also killed at the Wat and she was not armed nor presented a threat. The autopsy also found no gun residue, thus unarmed Thai's was shot. What would have happened in your countries in such a case? Take the politics out of it and look at the facts of what happened at the Wat. The troops involved was from,3rd Special Warfare Regiment's ranger battalion, not regular troops. They where equiped with M16 with scopes on them (video tapes of that). With a scope you see what you are shooting, unlike a firefight. So they saw unarmed people and choose to shoot. What happened in other area of BKK is an open question, who are to blame for the run up to all of this can be debated. At the Wat however the troops used too much force.

• Like 2