OISHI (Index) closed

drake

Wouldn’t be surprised. They raised their prices to 499 for lunch about 6 months ago. Prior to that, it always seemed to be full at lunch time. Last two times there at 499, the place was empty.

That said. It was not a good location. Not enough traffic.

Edited by Shot

Wouldn’t be surprised. They raised their prices to 499 for lunch about 6 months ago. Prior to that, it always seemed to be full at lunch time. Last two times there at 499, the place was empty.

Oh, its such a shame that they are closed down. The last few times that we were there, the place was filled with coach loads of tourists. Maybe that puts the "locals" off as some of the tourist groups were rushing for the food.

Oh, its such a shame that they are closed down. The last few times that we were there, the place was filled with coach loads of tourists. Maybe that puts the "locals" off as some of the tourist groups were rushing for the food.

Ahhhh, those pesky "highend tourists" who can not / will not pay 499 baht for lunch wrecks it for us all. :) :)

• Like 1

Too bad. I have / had eaten there many times. I think the problem is with Index Mall. Very few walk by customers. Many of the shops in the lower level have come and gone over the years.

The Korean tour buses obviously don't pay the normal price that we do. Maybe they couldn't park their buses on the bypass road anymore!

behind big c have a new japanese buffe just open...

Is it open already. A couple of days ago did not look quite ready yet. Will wait a while before trying it out so they can iron out the kinks.

packed yesterday..just drove by..

Is it open already. A couple of days ago did not look quite ready yet. Will wait a while before trying it out so they can iron out the kinks.

Yeah it is. Same as Oishi I think and re-branded. Went on sunday and the quality was just as crap so think it must be the same. 509 THB

Yeah it is. Same as Oishi I think and re-branded. Went on sunday and the quality was just as crap so think it must be the same. 509 THB

Why was it crap?

Why was it crap?

Mass produced poor quality food in my opinion. Couldn't really say that anything I ate in the entire buffet was memorable in any way or worth going back for.

Sounds like my local Moo Ka Taa but at least that is only 149 baht.

Thanks all for replay!

Today I visit the new "Oishi" name TORI Japanese Buffet.

Located at the corner Central Festival and Road to BigC.

New Furniture, very clean about 3 times bigger as the old Oishi, Parking lot too.

Food same ++, all u can eat, advisable.

Price per Person 519 Baht.

Phone 076 221 000 or mobile 086 949 8020

Guys.....actually I want to update everything that you guys have been talking about. One of my colleague moved to Thai Beverage (which is the owner of Oishi Group now). Had told me about these story.

Why I tried to dig this out? Because I got food poisoning for both 2 times that I went there. It isn't meet the hygienic standard (to me I guess) as it is not operate by the real Oishi. Some local people bought the franchise and operate on its own. Now they got the know how and stop the franchising and re-open again at the location that you guys had been talking about and name "TOJI" or "TORI", I can't remember. The price also expensive as well, but I hope food will be better (finger cross).

No comment on the dining experience yet.

No matter that it is cheap, reasonable or expensive. I have to salute the owner that they can gathering loads of Chinese tourist to the venue and make lots of money. Salute them for that.

For the new BBQ place at Central East, named "Miyobi" or "Miyabi". I went with my girlfriend the other day. I think the price is good, but the food quality also bad. The meats were not marinate enough and very tough. The sushi is alright, but the hot food buffet turn to be the cold food buffet. I tried there twice as I think I will give them chance, but they didn't earn that chance. Scale 1 to 10....I give around 3.

But for all those BBQ lover, I would recommend you to go to Sukishi at Central Festival. It is not a buffet....but you will get good quality beef cut. Good taste and at the end when you fill-up....the price end up even cheaper than those 2 Japanese restaurant. I would give around 8 out of 10 score.

Anyone have any other option for BBQ place? Even a Moo Kra Ta place?

I like to go to the new (kind of) buffet in Lotus.

it's in the far end corner opposite Pizza Company.

They have the food going around the tables on a conveyor and you cook it in a hot pot.

Sorry but i don't know the name but the food is not to bad or to expensive.