Guest House and Hotels in CR

Manassas

Looking to some of the old time CR folks for tips. I'm settling into the house in my wife's village. We are a bit more than an hour from town. I'll need occasional trips into CR and may stay a couple of nights as a treat and to get some pizza etc...555 Agoda lists 100+ hotels and guest houses. I've worked in Bangkok on and off for years, but CR is new to me and of course my wife isn't familiar with the hotels.

Just for us I'm looking for comfortable guest house in the city that won't break the budget. Does anyone have some favorites they care to share? If it is counter to TV forum rules please feel free to PM the info.

On a related note, when friends and relatives visit, what are the better higher end hotels? Many are listed as 4 and 5 stars but the reviews often talk about dated moldy rooms and unkempt swimming pools. Any dependable favorites on the higher end of the budget scale?

Thanks in advance.

I would say Le Meridien is the best property in town for high end guests. The Dusit, also located on the river, is an old-time favorite with Bangkok friends but getting a little long in the tooth.

We live nearly an hour from town as well but I much prefer returning to my own bed after spending the day in town.smile.png

I'd say the guesthouse search is pretty much a trial and error thing, unfortunately us old time CR folks seldom have cause to use them.

You might check some of the travel sites that have customer reviews, but I'd be more inclined to work my way through the midrange hotels. The Diamond Park Inn on Paholyothin Road is one I've heard better things about.

Often this kind of accommodation is neglected by the guesthouse frequenters who assume them to be expensive.

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1