Electronic Components Shop In Phuket?

simon43

I need to buy some electronic items, such as BNC and PL259 connectors. In the UK I would go to Maplin or maybe Tandys. Here in Phuket I've tried Homepro and the electronics shop (of sorts) under Big C - both without success.

Does anyone know of a shop on the island which might sell such things? Otherwise I'll have to ship them from the UK...

Simon

I need to buy some electronic items, such as BNC and PL259 connectors. In the UK I would go to Maplin or maybe Tandys. Here in Phuket I've tried Homepro and the electronics shop (of sorts) under Big C - both without success.

Does anyone know of a shop on the island which might sell such things? Otherwise I'll have to ship them from the UK...

Simon

While I have *no* idea what a BNC or PL259 connector is :o I asked our hotel engineer about an electrical component shop and he says there is a place called "Southern Electric" near Wat Kajon (sp?) in Phuket town. Sorry I don't know the name of the road.

HTH

Edited by slackula

• 2 weeks later...

Simon

There is one other shop which sell electronic parts in Phuket Town, dont know the street name but from Central Store drive straight ! ahaid to the old part of Phuket Town and the shop is on your right.

Need many ?, have a few connectors in my junkbox.

Jack

I'm surprised you had no luck at Aa-mon under Big C. The quality isn't up to much (as always in Thailand everything has to be CHEAP), but I've found they have most things with a bit of digging.

Never take 'Mai mii' as an answer! :o

I too use Maplin. Did you know they will take an order by e-mail and post it directly to Thailand? it doesn't cost much and takes about a week to ten days. So much easier than running around Phuket chasing wild geese.

Good luck!