AIR ASIA Buy Online.

chiangrai

Hi,

I'm new to net shopping and I'm trying to book 2 tickets online from Air Asia.

the web site says there is an error with my payment.

I rang them and they said that because the tickets are at a special offer I have to pay online.

I tried my Irish-AB debit card{Visa}.I have used it before and Amazon.com accepted it.

I also have a KRUNG THAI ATM card that says VISA and SHOP SMART on it and I have a PAYPAL account.

I just want to pay them,is there any way to do this without traveling the 80kms to the nearest travel agent.

Grateful in advance

• Like 1

Air Asia does not seem to accept debit cards, both foreign and Thai. Only full credit cards.

At this link, you can see all payment channels for Airasia.

For Thailand, the most convenient is over the counter at 7/11, Kasikorn Bank and Siam Commercial bank.

Regular travellers who have a Siam Commercial bank can set up direct debit.

I just found that you can also pay through Kasikorn online banking (Thai Air Asia, under "others" when making a new billing profile, need booking nr.).

You probably at some point can print out the required piece of paper which you'll have to show at one of the above counter service possibilities.

Just went through the motions as I needed a ticket anyway.

When you reach the payment options, it says debit cards should work. But as per the post above your card should work online (Kasikorn debit cards need to get activated at an ATM first). Maybe your Irish card got declined based on your IP being in Thailand, hard to say.

I noted they charge 180 Baht for paying by card, and I noticed direct debit is only 40 Baht fee, so chose that option.

You can either directly choose Siam Commercial, or when clicking on GHL, you then get a choice of several different banks (including Khrung Thai), I chose Bkk bank, got redirected to a Bangkok Bank internet banking login page specifically for AirAsia, logged in with my normal Bkk Bank ibanking credentials and was able to make the payment.

Tad over 4500 for a round trip to KL...

Maybe they don't accept debit cards for online purhcases....it's not uncommon to run into that problem. But they should accept a credit card.

I have no credit cards, just ATM. Anything with a Visa logo should work. I have certainly used my ATM cards for Air Asia tickets in the past, online, and without a problem.

I've used my Visa debit cars on numerous occasions online with AA without any problems. Suspect it could be something you are not doig right which is causing it to not go through like maybe not entering anything in the secure visa pin prompt.

Phone your card company and ask why payment was declined, then you'll have the answer.Then you can try again. Simple. If you're new to shopping online, it's probably been marked as suspicious. Once they know it's a genuine transaction you'll be able to pay without problems.

Edited by davejones

Maybe they don't accept debit cards for online purhcases....it's not uncommon to run into that problem. But they should accept a credit card.

I have no credit cards, just ATM. Anything with a Visa logo should work. I have certainly used my ATM cards for Air Asia tickets in the past, online, and without a problem.

Some companies won't accept debit cards...it's not uncommon when trying to reserve a rental car but more rental car companies are now accepting debit cards...it depends on the company. For example take a look at this Thrifty Car Rental webpage. Just something about debit cards sometimes with some companies...I've ordered things over the years from sites when you could pay with a credit card but not a debit card...maybe it's the associated risks, how they must process the transaction, etc. But the "core" problem behind the OPs issue may be something different....may just be his card-issuing bank blocking the transaction because they think it might be a fraudulent transaction.

Edited by Pib

Don't tell me someone has an issue with Air Asia's website?

My Air Asia rant:

The website is a counter intuitive, diabolically designed, horror that's used to extract as much money as possible from the unsuspecting consumer with useless and expensive add-ons. Meals, bagage charges, special bagage charges, seat selection charges, insurance, etc, etc, etc, all lie in wait for the dimwitted traveler. You get to the end and suddenly the cost of your flight has doubled. Beware!

• Like 1

My Air Asia rant:

The website is a counter intuitive, diabolically designed, horror that's used to extract as much money as possible from the unsuspecting consumer with useless and expensive add-ons. Meals, bagage charges, special bagage charges, seat selection charges, insurance, etc, etc, etc, all lie in wait for the dimwitted traveler. You get to the end and suddenly the cost of your flight has doubled. Beware!

Pretty much standard for all budget carriers!

Just watched a documentary on RyanAir, they seem to have elevated confusing websites to an art!

But yeah, when I booked, I had to unclick and change many settings to get the 4,500 Baht ticket, it would have been close to 7,000 otherwise! Not fond of airline food anyway...

My Air Asia rant:

I have to completely agree with this comment. You really have to be on your toes when making an online reservation with Air Asia.