Can I get her deported?

I agree, these days many British/foreign couples and even more British/British couples meet through an agency.

By fraud, though, I meant supplying fraudulent documents in her visa and/or ILR application as to her or the OP's status or one or both of them making fraudulent statements in either of those applications.

As you say, difficult for the OP to prove; unless he was complicit in the fraud himself.

Which could lay him open to prosecution, could it not?

Thai mail order wives have been going for years. Basically, a lot of older farangs go to Thailand to sleep with brasses, they marry brasses or ones connected to the scene. The mail order agency thing is for those who want to convince themselves they aren't marrying a brass. Id bet my bottom dollar that many so called relationships are for some kind of gain.

Division of assets, including who gets the house, assuming the OP owns it rather than rents, will be a matter for the court to decide when and if they divorce.

Speculation on that matter is just that; speculation.

Remember this is the UK we are talking about, not California. In the UK the wife does not automatically get half the husband's assets on divorce, and may not get anything if there are no children involved.

How the court splits assets

Of course I own my house, I say I was over 50.

She wont get half, Im going to record her admitting she bangs the chef.

Division of assets, including who gets the house, assuming the OP owns it rather than rents, will be a matter for the court to decide when and if they divorce.

Remember this is the UK we are talking about, not California. In the UK the wife does not automatically get half the husband's assets on divorce, and may not get anything if there are no children involved.

The fact that she's 'banging the chef' doesn't affect her ILR...

The fact that she's 'banging the chef' doesn't affect her ILR...

Even if she entered into the relationship solely to get a visa so she could bang said Chef?

As she now has ILR she can remain in the UK indefinitely even though her marriage to you has now broken down.

The only way her ILR would be cancelled and she removed from the UK was if she was convicted of a crime which incurred a custodial sentence; and even then it would not mean automatic removal.

Unless you can prove that she obtained her initial visa or her ILR through fraud; but that would land you in the do-do as well as you would have had to have been complicit in that fraud.

Divorce her and move on; just as you would if she were British.

She, like many other Thai women married to older farangs, are banging younger Guys. I suspect she was seeing the Chef in Thailand before we married.

I have no intention of treating her as if she is British. She's a mail order bride. One step up from marrying a Pattaya bar girl.

Mail order? As far as the Law is concerned, she is, like you, a human not a slave

I think you'll have a problem sending her back since I doubt British law permits Englishmen from "owning" natives of the orient anymore.

Funny how Thaivisa continue allowing posts like this from people like DudleyPunt, but other politically sensitive topics get censored and deleted? I guess Thailand's got a reputation to live up to and need to maintain a minimum of sex related topics to stay at the top of google search hits?

Queue the 'my wife is educated and I didn't meet her in a bar' lecture!!!!!!!!

You may have your eyes wide shut but I live in the real world and am fully aware that Thailand lives up to its seedy rep.

I want to help, but I don't know neither you nor her. However, this is TV, so I will continue. smile.png I would record (secretly, if allowed in court) the fact that she cheated on you, so try to get a confession. maybe even hire a private investigator. I say this because, i think, it will lesson the financial burden after/during the divorce. i may be wrong. Talk to a lawyer, and try to get an amicable closure. good luck, and i hope you can keep your emotions in check.

I have no intention of treating her as if she is British. She's a mail order bride. One step up from marrying a Pattaya bar girl.

Mail order? As far as the Law is concerned, she is, like you, a human not a slave

I think you'll have a problem sending her back since I doubt British law permits Englishmen from "owning" natives of the orient anymore.

Funny how Thaivisa continue allowing posts like this from people like DudleyPunt, but other politically sensitive topics get censored and deleted? I guess Thailand's got a reputation to live up to and need to maintain a minimum of sex related topics to stay at the top of google search hits?

Queue the 'my wife is educated and I didn't meet her in a bar' lecture!!!!!!!!

You may have your eyes wide shut but I live in the real world and am fully aware that Thailand lives up to its seedy rep.

You just seem like an angry bitter man bent on revenge. I advised you that you can't kick someone of "your" country because you don't want them there. Times have changed from the British thinking they own the peasants of third world countries. Apparently you've got your eyes shut to this reality.

If she committed fraud in her application perhaps she can be stripped of residency. But that's a matter for the law, and they might also want to know if you also were complicit in any immigration fraud as well. Wounded pride is painful. Move on and forget about revenge, you're making yourself look pathetic.

And you are condescending. And yes its 'my' country (do you do that annoying thing with your hands when you type the quote marks also)?

DudleyPunt said

She's a mail order bride. One step up from marrying a Pattaya bar girl.

Yet you went out of your way to seek out, 'purchase' and marry one.

I did indeed. I should have just done what most do and married a brass. At least you know what youre getting with a brass.

I want to help, but I don't know neither you nor her. However, this is TV, so I will continue. smile.png I would record (secretly, if allowed in court) the fact that she cheated on you, so try to get a confession. maybe even hire a private investigator. I say this because, i think, it will lesson the financial burden after/during the divorce. i may be wrong. Talk to a lawyer, and try to get an amicable closure. good luck, and i hope you can keep your emotions in check.

is keeping your emotions in check a good thing???

Talking to a lawyer tomorrow. Chucked the tart out tonight, dropped her at the other farangs house and told him shes banging the chef too.