Sending money from australia to thai girlfriend

Humm ... while that might have been convenient.

With the CBA there is an $8 a transaction fee plus ...

Their current spread on the AUD/THB is 26.94 - 31.76 ... that's a 5 baht spread ... a 15-20% Margin.

As above it's convenient ... but hardly efficient.

BTW ... with the fees generated ... they LOVE you to do the currency swaps this way!

Not if you use MasterCard or visa debit cards then press the credit button on Thai ATM. No international fees, even though the card was issued by an Australian bank. The exchange rate is MasterCard or visas, not the banks. Its not as bad. Then I've heard I think it's Aeon? ATMs don't charge for using their machines. I'm not certain on this, never used them.

Don't you pay interest on cash withdrawals from credit cards ?

I'm talking about debit only cards. Using your money, not credit.

Can you withdraw "your money" from a visa debit card via the credit button on an ATM ?

I have known my tgf for many years wai.gifwai2.gif ,

and like most of the paranoide guys here on THAIVISA ,

i did not pick her up from some wub.png redlight jaba popping lady bar,wub.png

Will stick to western union for now.

The rest looks cheaper in one way,

but will cost me in another way through some other fee.

redroo ... to call us, those who tried to help you 'paranoid' (that's how it is spelt) doesn't do you any favours.

To further insinuate that we have met our partners at 'some redlight jaba popping lady bar' is even worse.

"and like most of the paranoide guys here on THAIVISA , i did not pick her up from some wub.png redlight jaba popping lady bar,:wub:"

Good luck trying to find those here who have the experience next time to help you.

I, for one, will remember your name and move to the next thread.

Enjoy using Western Union to send money to your Girl Friend in Thailand ... rolleyes.gif

to be honest David48 when I first read the OP I though he had secured himself a lady from some redlight jaba popping lady bar.............. seems it might be true as he is knowledgeable of such a lady.

Humm ... while that might have been convenient.

With the CBA there is an $8 a transaction fee plus ...

Their current spread on the AUD/THB is  26.94 - 31.76 ... that's a 5 baht spread ... a 15-20% Margin.

As above it's convenient ... but hardly efficient.

BTW ... with the fees generated ... they LOVE you to do the currency swaps this way!

Not if you use MasterCard or visa debit cards then press the credit button on Thai ATM. No international fees, even though the card was issued by an Australian bank. The exchange rate is MasterCard or visas, not the banks. Its not as bad. Then I've heard I think it's Aeon? ATMs don't charge for using their machines. I'm not certain on this, never used them.

Don't you pay interest on cash withdrawals from credit cards ?

I'm talking about debit only cards. Using your money, not credit.

Can you withdraw "your money" from a visa debit card via the credit button on an ATM ?

Yes. If you press savings to withdraw, you will be charged. Press credit and there's no fees. If you doubt me, ring MasterCard themselves here in Australia, not your bank, the bank you may find don't know. Im not sure who other banks use, but commonwealth bank debit card is MasterCard. ;)

Sorry To David48.

Must have hit a raw nerve then.

No, I just think you p!$$£d someone off who was trying to help you out, by insulting him because you put him in a demographic he doesn't belong to! You even had the chance to say you didn't mean him (and others that may have taken valuable time to help you) but you just came back with another snidy insult. Good skills!

• Like 1

Why would you want to do that? Seriously though, the cheapest and best way is to just get a new girlfriend every time you come to Thailand. That way, you never have to send any money (a mug's game that you can never win) and you get to enjoy more variety into the bargain...

You can try western union.. there rates are better than banks and your thai missus gets the money once you send her the numbers they give you..

My Bank rate her in OZ is 24 Baht !! but if you go on western union website you can punch in how much you want send and it will give to the price ,, Good way if you keep docs and you want to bring her for holiday shows you supporting her..

But saying that my Thai missus and I were talking this morning as we r both in OZ , Talking about the Thai girls ! How many Farangs are sending them money !!

I said to her sure the Thai Girl will tell the farang, I will miss you and will go home family when you leave Thailand , So after she goes to airport witht the Farang ! and cries and says I miss you,, She will wipe the tears away once you have gone through passport control and off she goes gets another Farang, and does the same thing to him,, How many farangs send to the same girl ! Not to say your is like this ! Anyway just thought I would throw that in but before for me it was western union ..cheers

• Like 1

I don't understand guys sending money to Thai girl friends. Do any give money to their English, American, Australian, etc., girl friends?

Seems nuts to me.

Lucky:Lew said, "Cheapest way is not to send her anything

Tell her to get a job and earn her own money."

I agree.

Edited by F4UCorsair

• 6 months later...

We probably need a bit more information.

Do you have a Thai Bank Account?

What sort of sums are we considering?

The reason being is that I have a great company that does exchanges, 1 baht spread, but charges a $25 fee, regardless of $1 or $1,000.

The Australian banks do, but their exchange rate is close to highway robbery.

Hi David, I would like so info from you please.

I am and Aussie who has been living in Thailand with my wife now for 16 months.

I have someone who wants to send me money ($5000) and would like to receive most of it and not give a lot to the foriegn exchanger...!

You say that the people that you use have a 1 baht spread, that sounds a lot better than all of the others I have seen...!

Could you please give me some info?

I have no idea if you can PM on this site (Just joined) or if I need to add my email address for answers... please advise.

Cheers,

Mike,

The reason being is that I have a great company that does exchanges, 1 baht spread, but charges a $25 fee, regardless of $1 or $1,000.

I have someone who wants to send me money ($5000) and would like to receive most of it and not give a lot to the foriegn exchanger...!

You say that the people that you use have a 1 baht spread, that sounds a lot better than all of the others I have seen...!

I have no idea if you can PM on this site (Just joined) or if I need to add my email address for answers... please advise.

Cheers,

Mike,

Top right of screen, picture of an open envelope, click on it , click on compose new..........smile.png

• Like 1

Cheers,

Mike,

Top right of screen, picture of an open envelope, click on it , click on compose new..........smile.png

Thank you Transam :-)))

• 5 months later...