Many underage patrons found during Pattaya Pub raids

webfact

And how many is "many patrons" ?

From what I heard these places were some Thai Karaokes, boys or girls,

and nearly all arrested people are staff from these bars, not patrons...

who cares if people are only drinking underage? I did and so did most of us.

Does this mean your ok with your underage children drinking in bars? If it's ok what (under)-age do you approve? 16? 14? 12?

both my sons drank underage in bars and both went on to have successful careers and relationships. what age is right is a difficult one it depends on the child and his circle of friends.

The legal drinking age is 20, not 18.

16 in Belgium

Then if you don't want to break the law GO TO Belgium

It's 21 in most of the USA , 18 in Australia .

But at the end of the day if the LEGAL age for drinking is 20 in Thailand & you go to a Bar or Club under that age & drink & you get caught .

Guess what if you break the Law , there is a penalty.

End of story

coffee1.gif

I'm thinking you weren't drinking with the intention of finding a customer as a freelance prostitute.

I may be wrong.

From the reports it looks like the pubs raided were the ones on 3rd Road, that cater mainly for Thais. Not places of prostitution, by any stretch of the imagination.

The law is the law. If it's illegal then it should be penalised, just like not wearing a helmet on a motorbike, taking cocaine, gambling, calling a spade a spade in print or sleeping with people under 15/16/18/21/whatever daft interpretation currently applies.

If a law is wrong (and God knows there are thousands of them that are) then it should be changed, but that's another matter.

your right of course. the law is the law. would you also support police action if they were to arrest any man in Thailand who has paid for sex?

What I think of the law is not relevant to whether or not it is policed. I am always very quick to defend the right of the individual to pursue their own life as they see fit, and that includes drinking themselves to death at an early age if they want to. It's not my business what they do. For the same reason I also dont think that anyone should be arrested for paying for sex or receiving payment for it, but that isn't relevant to the policing of the law either.

If the law is wrong it should be changed. Until then it should be policed. What no one needs is a half-arsed approach of making loads of daft laws and then ignoring them on a seemingly random basis. That is just plain stupid.

speak for yourself. you don't know me.

cope on I went to pubs a bit of make up and got drunk we all do it.

And how many is "many patrons" ?

From what I heard these places were some Thai Karaokes, boys or girls,

and nearly all arrested people are staff from these bars, not patrons...

One (only one) of the messes about ages is that you can employ a person of 18 to work in a licenced premises but cannot serve someone under 20