Are western Farang still getting the good one (girls)?

vspin134

In this regard we can be asking are black men in western countries getting all the good white women and this suddenly becomes extremely offensive and if you know about the history the US black men could even be killed just by looking at a white woman.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest assured, if Farang men were in any significant number 'getting' good Thai women, the welcome we receive in Thailand would move swiftly from one of being mildly amused at the choices Farang men make to one of hostility.

That's actually a very good point. Thais see the sorts of Thai women that end up with farangs and they're not the least bothered. No jealousy or envy. It's more of a live-and-let-live sort of attitude. But if quality Thai women were to start drifting towards foreigners in noticeable numbers, I think there would be some open animosity, if not downright hostility. Thankfully, I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

This happens to everyone of almost every race. Try dating a white white chick in the US without getting harrassed. I seen it with my eyes before 2 asian guys holding hands with 1 white chick and 2 white guys had to walk behind them and just talk to them in a really rude manner.

The worst seem to be indian and arab men and it's like sarcrilege to be dating females from their race.

In this discussion, one kind of Thai women, who do not appeal to Thai men, have been forgotten. Indeed it is my experience that once a Thai woman has passed the age of 30, she is considered as old and no longer attractive to (most) Thai men.

We farang seem to have less problems with age, especially since so many Thai women keep their youthful look way into their 50ies. And that is true not only for "low class" Thai women (I hate that expression), but also for middle and high class women with good background, high education and even with their own successful business career.

Actually it's said that people of european descent seem to age faster compared to asian and african people. A female from the UK would look pretty old by the time she reaches the mid 20s while an asian or a black woman wouldn't. I have seen a youtube video of a black female in her 70s i think still looking like her 30s.

I know some farangs who actually believe that Thai men must be jealous of 'us' for 'stealing all their good women'.

I try and explain to them that Thai men are more likely to feel pity or be bemused if anything but they can't understand why.

That is the problem of interracial dating and marriage but really it's no surprise why some farang would think like that. Take the US for example when just 50 years ago or so a black man could be jailed or beaten up for making a pass at a white woman or bruce lee an asian man marrying a white female in the 70s when it was frowned upon it certainly did look like he was stealing white women. Then take a look at the media where non white men are portrayed in the worst manner and you can see an uneven playing field to prevent the stealing of women.

Then you look at a place like thailand which is so different from the west where the hookers actually treat you like their bfs and it's not like business unlike the west and the hooker chicks actually have all their teeth and then you can see why farang men pay these bar girls their fines and go on dates with them and even marry them like they have scored with them and usually get taken to the cleaners.

I know some farangs who actually believe that Thai men must be jealous of 'us' for 'stealing all their good women'.

I try and explain to them that Thai men are more likely to feel pity or be bemused if anything but they can't understand why.

Just trying to get this straight in my head. So there you are explaining to Herbert Simon (an American Farang) that his wife, Miss Universe, Bui who is also is on the Board of Governors for the Dream Foundation and on the Board of Regents of Pepperdine University and holds the most Exalted Order of the White Elephant, by King Bhumibol Adulyadej for her service in helping needy children. She received a second Royal Decoration in 2001, Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand, that his wife is not a good Thai woman and that Thai men feel pity for him?

Rest assured, if Farang men were in any significant number 'getting' good Thai women, the welcome we receive in Thailand would move swiftly from one of being mildly amused at the choices Farang men make to one of hostility.

That's actually a very good point. Thais see the sorts of Thai women that end up with farangs and they're not the least bothered. No jealousy or envy. It's more of a live-and-let-live sort of attitude. But if quality Thai women were to start drifting towards foreigners in noticeable numbers, I think there would be some open animosity, if not downright hostility. Thankfully, I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

And that comes from the one who always whines about broad statements... jeez... coffee1.gif

Isn't this entire thread about broad generalizations?

The entire thread... According to you, a lot of the threads contain posters who have nothing but the utmost disrespect for Thais yet these are but a few. Eye of the beholder I guess...

Just trying to get this straight in my head. So there you are explaining to Herbert Simon (an American Farang) that his wife, Miss Universe, Bui who is also is on the Board of Governors for the Dream Foundation and on the Board of Regents of Pepperdine University and holds the most Exalted Order of the White Elephant, by King Bhumibol Adulyadej for her service in helping needy children. She received a second Royal Decoration in 2001, Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand, that his wife is not a good Thai woman and that Thai men feel pity for him?

Well to be fair to TheSpade he's never actually claimed that this is a "blanket" theory... The use of words such as "some" and "more likely" denote this...

Had his theory used the words "all" then Herb might get his nose bent out a little bit...

But then again, do you think that Herb being 30+ years older than his wife is going to agree or disagree with TheSpade?

Or they are just being plain ignorant...

So you bring up one exception to disprove the Spade's theory? One exception? I'll concede there's probably even a few more "exceptions." But the vast majority--which can be gleaned by simply observing farang/Thai couples in Thailand--will largely support his theory.

I believe you have successfully stated Thai Visa urban legend number 6.

The reality of the situation is quite different.

For a complete discussion one would have to ask what type of man carries a small white dog and walks 3 steps behind his wife or what type of woman marries a motorcycle taxi driver. Do you know how many motorcycle taxi drivers there in Thailand? They all have wives you know. Perhaps you want to check all the houses that are decorated in hello kitty pink. No, your statement is far from accurate.

Take a walk in the daily market when you come back to Thailand and notice all the 300 pound Thai women munching on durian and twinkies; they have Thai husbands, you know.

All the stories about Thai men, knives and ducks; do you hear them about Farang? No.

You have commented on a complicated social issue with an urban legend. An accurate discussion would have to include a complete psychological and sociological profile of Thai men.

I don't think Thai Visa is ready for that.

• Like 1

So you bring up one exception to disprove the Spade's theory? One exception? I'll concede there's probably even a few more "exceptions." But the vast majority--which can be gleaned by simply observing farang/Thai couples in Thailand--will largely support his theory.

I retract my previous statement, you're right... this entire thread is about broad generalizations...coffee1.gif

It is hostile already, in case you haven't noticed..whistling.gif

Hostile in what way? Please explain.

In this regard we can be asking are black men in western countries getting all the good white women and this suddenly becomes extremely offensive and if you know about the history the US black men could even be killed just by looking at a white woman.

That is a very bigoted and out of date point of view. It is true that in the days of slavery, now well and truly gone thank god, black men could be killed for just about anything. It was a devestating and intolerant time in American history. In the present it is not considered outside the norm for any combination of race, gender or skin colour to be in a relationship.

In the context of this thread I believe there is a massive difference between the Thai perception of men who are paying to be in a relationship and men who are in a genuine one. But how do you tell which is which?

Edited by Benaud

In Thai polite society the oldest and richest always pays. It has always been that way. The only people who would wonder if a woman should pay in a relationship are not Thai. Of course the male pays. This is Thailand for gosh sakes.

This is not a contemporary Western concept. Men in Thailand have different obligations and responsibilities and privileges than a Western male.

This is of course changing as Thailand becomes more like the West.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Simon_%28real_estate%29

he is a billionaire and you know when you have that much money it really is a no brainer that females especially those from the 3rd world not to mention first world would marry you.

he is a billionaire and you know when you have that much money it really is a no brainer that females especially those from the 3rd world not to mention first world would marry you.

Everything is relative. A billionaire to a Western person may be the same as a guy with a decent pension to a Thai teacher. The guy who sells fertilizer in Issan may be a great catch for the farm girl regardless of how he smells. Is the teacher or the farm girl a "good one?" Sure. Maybe, maybe not. How do we know? So are the Western Farang still getting the good girls? Sure. Maybe or maybe not.

Thai guys don't care. Never did. It's not about women. If a Farang husband is number 10 on the list of things a Thai women thinks about think how far down on the list is a Farang to the average Thai male? 89th right after fear of man eating rabbits.

Edited by historyprof
  • Like 1

I see the tired old Stickman myth that the "Thais keep the best women for themselves" is still not only being believed, but re-cycled over and over.

As historyprof superbly put things; do you think all the toad-like old harridans one sees around the place are all wed to foreigners and all Thais wed exclusively to 19 year old Thai/Chinese stunners?

Almost every day when having my evening beverages, I see a veritable procession of stunners pass me by. They are mostly factory girls but that doesn't make them any less 'good', if by 'good' we mean they 'don't work in a bar'.

If I were 20 years younger and single, I'd be in paradise. I am sadly neither but I can still have a good perve, however that is neither here nor there.

While, naturally enough, most of these lasses will have Thai blokes, to suggest 'good girls' are a closed door to Westerners is an utter myth. I'm sure if a Westerner was handsome, had a certain amount of cultural understanding of Thailand and decent language skills he'd stand as much of a chance as any Thai bloke.

I think there is too much emphasis being put on race as well when it comes to the envy factor.

Lets be honest about things here. Aren't most (all?) blokes are at least a little envious when they see another bloke with a hot pretty lass regardless of their race. I know I am.

I hear enough blokes both Thai and Western bitching about each other almost daily (especially the ones with a bit of flair with the opposite sex) to know this is the case.

What do you think is at the bottom of all the student troubles? You can rest assured that it will be crumpet at some level. When there is a rift in the expat community it's usually to do with a woman...

Your criticism regarding why this topic is even being discussed should really be directed at the OP (aka vspin). He's been trying to push this agenda for quite some time, to what end, I'm not sure. But I think his position is much more of a "myth" than some of the opinions expressed here.

Everything is relative. A billionaire to a Western person may be the same as a guy with a decent pension to a Thai teacher. The guy who sells fertilizer in Issan may be a great catch for the farm girl regardless of how he smells. Is the teacher or the farm girl a "good one?" Sure. Maybe, maybe not. How do we know? So are the Western Farang still getting the good girls? Sure. Maybe or maybe not.

Thai guys don't care. Never did. It's not about women. If a Farang husband is number 10 on the list of things a Thai women thinks about think how far down on the list is a Farang to the average Thai male? 89th right after fear of man eating rabbits.

What the hell are you ranting about on? Lord. He is a billionaire so it's easy for him to hook many females. It certainly cannot be because of the way he looks. You are just trying to find excuses that it wasn't because of his large amount of money that he hooked that chick.

You can apply the same thing to famous ppl say hollywood stars. Let's suppose brad pitt wasn't actually a leading actor or famous and just an ordinary joe would he have hooked up and married angelina jolie? Angelina might profess to be weird to go off the beaten track but the fact is all the men she has been with have all been famous or related to her.

Edited by snake24

I see the tired old Stickman myth that the "Thais keep the best women for themselves" is still not only being believed, but re-cycled over and over.

As historyprof superbly put things; do you think all the toad-like old harridans one sees around the place are all wed to foreigners and all Thais wed exclusively to 19 year old Thai/Chinese stunners?

Almost every day when having my evening beverages, I see a veritable procession of stunners pass me by. They are mostly factory girls but that doesn't make them any less 'good', if by 'good' we mean they 'don't work in a bar'.

If I were 20 years younger and single, I'd be in paradise. I am sadly neither but I can still have a good perve, however that is neither here nor there.

While, naturally enough, most of these lasses will have Thai blokes, to suggest 'good girls' are a closed door to Westerners is an utter myth. I'm sure if a Westerner was handsome, had a certain amount of cultural understanding of Thailand and decent language skills he'd stand as much of a chance as any Thai bloke.

I think there is too much emphasis being put on race as well when it comes to the envy factor.

Lets be honest about things here. Aren't most (all?) blokes are at least a little envious when they see another bloke with a hot pretty lass regardless of their race. I know I am.

I hear enough blokes both Thai and Western bitching about each other almost daily (especially the ones with a bit of flair with the opposite sex) to know this is the case.

What do you think is at the bottom of all the student troubles? You can rest assured that it will be crumpet at some level. When there is a rift in the expat community it's usually to do with a woman...

Actually the thing is western ppl have the perception like they are best race of ppl in the world and especially towards asians. The media reinforces it like somehow asian chicks are just dying to date or marry western men not because of their money or green card ticket to their country oh no that's like being used of instead simply because they are western men they are just automatically superior which is of course hogwash.

Actually the thing is western ppl have the perception like they are best race of ppl in the world and especially towards asians. The media reinforces it like somehow asian chicks are just dying to date or marry western men not because of their money or green card ticket to their country oh no that's like being used of instead simply because they are western men they are just automatically superior which is of course hogwash.

There was me thinking it was because I had money and they didn't.

I've never even heard of the ... Thai Visa urban legend number series ... could be a thread all to itself.

Are you up to it?

Not a piss take ... could be interesting.

I've never even heard of the ... Thai Visa urban legend number series ... could be a thread all to itself.

Are you up to it?

Not a piss take ... could be interesting.

Up to you. Legend number two is people can tell the difference between a Thai woman and a Thai Chinese woman.biggrin.png Number three is I can always spot a ladyboy.cheesy.gif Number four is I didn't know she was a ladyboy.clap2.gif

Are western Farang still getting the good one (girls)?

Very obvious. Just check out who rants & whines the most - surely, they've not got anything good, isn't it?

(the above rule applies to all coming from any side of the compass)

Would you care to back this dribble up?

Would you care to back this dribble up?

dribble or drivel? You mean you have not watched mtv or american tv or is it just speifically american tv and movies and media which makes up the majority of western and world media anyway. Just tell me is british and european media different from american media since both are grouped as the western media. I doubt so i believe british media follows american media and if you watch the movies and talk shows and reality tv from american shows or western shows they portray asians as inferior or rather asian males. This is a fact. It's racist but not offensive cos asians are not black people. Honestly look at racist sites like stormfront where ppl of a certain group are always praising themselves as superior because of the race they were born into and it isn't asians or blacks that do that.