The Excuse

Guest IT Manager

Describe your online life  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest IT Manager

This weekend I have been contemplating the needs of our membership vis a vis their time online and the necessary explanations to partners to enable us to get away with it.

This was prompted by a members call to ask what he should say to his wife after he had been on the forum for almost 4 hours, it was 10 at night, and she was feeling a tad frisky. It appears that this is becoming more of an issue, so I have decided to ask members to share what excuse they use for spending up-wards of 48 minutes at a sitting, looking at tv.c and having input into the virtual community here.

To start, here is mine. Please add yours so members have a ready source of excuses, to enable them to get the quality time online with the other members, they seem to need every day.

Scenario: 1.15 AM, I am moderating a member from the "Gay people in Thailand" area, who has got up my nose,and those of a couple of others. I have been online for 6 hours 35 minutes. I have also consumed 3 bottles of the wine of the Orient. (Chang Beer).

My darling: "WHAT TIME ARE YOU COMING TO BED YOU SNAKE HEAD" (shouted very loudly.)

Me: "Teerak, just one minute my lovely and I will be there with you"

My Darling: "You said that 40 minutes ago" (Quieter this time)

Me: "Yes Dear, I am on my way"

Let's see what we can learn from you, about how to deal with your online life and its' impact on your family. :o

Actually back in the early 90's when I was one of the first Internet providers in Italy, I had a woman barge into my office and complain that I had destroyed her marriage with that damned Internet. My wife is usually very understanding, it's the kids that do not tolerate less than 12 hours attention a day and raise ###### if Pappa is not available to play Chang with them.

My experience is that as long as I "computa" while other half is shopping, out with friends, watching Thai t.v, or sleeping in, no problems arise. Since those activities do take up alot of time, it just about covers the issue with me. I get little sympathy or understanding with the explanation "I will be right there as soon as I finish this post"

My suggestion for a universal reply would be: "Honey, I am getting answers to my VISA PROBLEMS so I can stay in Thailand FOREVER with YOU"

My suggestion for a universal reply would be: "Honey, I am getting answers to my VISA PROBLEMS so I can stay in Thailand FOREVER with YOU"

Good one, I will have to try that one too. :o

I have sporadic free time and as I live on an island without alot to do I either garden and when it is too hot to do that I go online. I don't spend all my online time at thaivisa but do enjoy checking back now and again. And yes, I have learned lots of useful info here too!

Guest IT Manager

Can we use that on the forum header? Definiely the best answer to date.

Will try it next time.

Guest IT Manager
My Wife works daytime and I have been off sick for a fair while so i only have to get off when she gets home. Returning to work is when my excuse book comes out.

Reflecting on another thread about Duck Food, some time back, it is likely a better idea to only "get off" when she is there.

The mention of Duck Food reminds me of one of our rigs I was visiting. A certain female member of the Catering Dept. used to proposition some of the men by asking if they liked "Duck Meat" If they replied yes, she'd say "Duck down here honey and eat some of this". I understand she's no longer with the company.

My time w/Thaivisa is mostly at work and I too find it an enormous source of information and entertainment. Thank you ###### or whoever sponsors... :o

Boon Mee

My Wife works daytime and I have been off sick for a fair while so i only have to get off when she gets home. Returning to work is when my excuse book comes out.

Reflecting on another thread about Duck Food, some time back, it is likely a better idea to only "get off" when she is there.

bad choice of words, what can I say? log off maybe. :o

i think this only happen to older folks, or people that marry to a wife that does not know much about computer (please don't take it in a bad way), for younger people we wake-up and our computer is on until we sleep, we spend every little time we have on the computer, we chat with friend, family around the world, we play game and online game, we check our email every hour of the day, basicly we cannot live without our computer

Guest IT Manager

Thaivisa will shortly offer emotional support to members suffering the efffects of long term exposure to on-line communities like this.

Cost will be 1 beer chang per consultation. Contact Dr PP to make bookings.

i think this only happen to older folks, or people that marry to a wife that does not know much about computer (please don't take it in a bad way), for younger people we wake-up and our computer is on until we sleep, we spend every little time we have on the computer, we chat with friend, family around the world, we play game and online game, we check our email every hour of the day, basicly we cannot live without our computer

I do not know when "older" folks starts but basically I am in the same situation than Chingy, spending a lot of time on the computer.

I mainly takes the forum time out of my other computer activities, so no real impact on my social life, which in any case has the priority in my free time.

I do not even want to think about an excuse and nobody should,... :o

Think this is very true - my handwriting is atrocious cause have always used a computer (struggling to get it neat in the new job as they don't have powerpoint :o:D ).

Can't think of any excuses at the mo - I can spend as much time as I like here as don't have anyone jumping down my throat :D

I spend most of my time here from my office.

Weekends, sometimes I login like today. But my wife is adicted to reading books and I am adicted to net. Even now, she is here beside me reading a book..So no problems..

But sometimes, she say that this forum is stupid and we blast Taksin and all Thailand. No one care..Also said that non of her Thai friends are aware about this forum..nor do Thaksin :o

In the company I think, this reduce my frustrations and also do lot of good for my subordinates.. :D

Well..I have met nice people here and also learned alot about Thailand from each other. Once in a while, I get some threats from some of the members here.

I think that VISA excuse was the best so far for anyone who really need some excuse. :D

On one hand I have my wife and family here, all Thais, and friends who are Thai, and they just don't get the little ironies of Thai life that I see from my perspective. Here most people are in more or less the same boat as each other. this place both helps you vent against the frustrations, as well as celebrate the joys, of living here. :D

Oh, and there's alot of cute women in this internet cafe too, at least I thinkthey're women!

(just looking :o )

cv

Guest IT Manager

OMG the secret is out. Please doc, don't tell my wife, she will make me sleep in an internet cafe if she finds out.

George started the gay forum in fact. Didn't you teerak?

these people are suck-ass big time, ameture, i use to decode

satellite cable back in the state, built my own box and dish, put the dish on my roof, wola! i got 250 channel world wide free of charge, and its all legal, they came to my house to check up on me, i told them wat i do wrong, they told me i stealing signal, i told them what you mean i steal (air) you see any line sticking outta my house, i told them i put a dish on top of my house to catch anything going my way, so ######-off, before i take their lame-ass to court, and that would look really silly for charging me to steal (air), and they never came back lol

decoding the card is not that hard, all you need is a PC

my favorite TOMY post

doctor, when i'm feeling down and depressed i just read some of his old posts for a quick pick me up

these people are suck-ass big time, ameture, i use to decode

satellite cable back in the state, built my own box and dish, put the dish on my roof, wola! i got 250 channel world wide free of charge, and its all legal, they came to my house to check up on me, i told them wat i do wrong, they told me i stealing signal, i told them what you mean i steal (air) you see any line sticking outta my house, i told them i put a dish on top of my house to catch anything going my way, so ######-off, before i take their lame-ass to court, and that would look really silly for charging me to steal (air), and they never came back lol

decoding the card is not that hard, all you need is a PC

my favorite TOMY post

doctor, when i'm feeling down and depressed i just read some of his old posts for a quick pick me up

It is a good one Huski ... such erudition .... such clarity of mind :o