Russian assaults pick-up driver and flees the scene: Motorbike accident in Pattaya

webfact

Couple more things in there that aren't smart. wink.png

Probably starting with renting/riding a motorbike.

I drive since 40 years, Motorbikes from 50 - 1.000 ccm, never had any problems with driving in any traffic

and any country-live in TH now, come here since 1990!

Please do not generalize. tongue.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As predicted, the invasion of Nekulturny Russians will create big headaches for the Thai police and general populations. The current Russian round up and deportation of Asians in Moscow is a good example of current Russian attitudes towards Asians. Nothing wrong with a few Russians - but when you invite the cossack army fir dinner, be ready for broken chairs', tables and heads.

The Europeans know - which is why they are now staying away from Thailand!

Time for Thailand to get smart and change visa rules for Russians as well.

Maybe what the russian is trying to explain is that it was not his fault when he collided with the Thai driver.

And now he is arrested.

And so he should be, he bashed the Thai driver according to the news report. Do you thing he should be let free after assaulting someone?

they argued and even insulted police officers

Not smart!

I would even call it stupid giggle.gif

Never p*ss off police or immigration! It will bite you in the bum, sooner or laterwink.png

The real Zorro would handle this differently; he would leave a 'Z' mark on the pick-up...

Actually he would have got away with it, but for the observations of an astute Thai police officer, when the Russian assualted the driver he roughed him up a bit, and the police officer had noticed... 'The mark of Zoro!' , he then immediatley knew who he was looking for after checking the immigration database for a 'Zoro' :D

they argued and even insulted police officers

Not smart!

However. FLEE = RUN AWAY, which they obviously did not.

Apparently the pickup truck pulled in front of the motorbike - I see it every day.

Russian has altercation - YEP - He is Russian and was pissed off, especially as the police are blaming him for what the pickup driver caused - Thai law puts blame on the vehicle that collides with another, regardless who was at fault.

My wife was fined for a motorbike cutting too close in front of her car and causing a collision - in the west, fault would be assessed differently.

You HAVE to assume that some other driver WILL cut you off, not signal, speed, speed around you in a no passing zone, pull out in front of you in the fast lane from a U-turn lane - if you want to drive safely here in Thailand. Rarely, will someone stop if they hit your car (if there is no traffic and they can escape - if they are trapped by traffic they will stop) Just think of driving in Thailand as a "live" video game.

• Like 1

Couple more things in there that aren't smart. wink.png

Probably starting with renting/riding a motorbike.

..and what makes you so smart? (I ride a motorbike)

Most of the time I'm riding past stationary cars thinking how dumb you'd have to be to spend all day stuck in traffic.biggrin.png

• Like 1