Bangkok Police chief to test badminton skills against new world champ Ratchanok

webfact

Actually I can see this now. She will start working with the police soon. In many countries athelites are employed by government departments. Sometimes they may adctually even ddo some work. It is more or less a way of getting around amature status and providing an oportunity to train at oorganization expense. Some large organisations do the same in Australia....I think one bank did for a couple of swimmers and of course got the related publicity oportunities.

He also revealed that he and a group of friends had raised Bt500,000 to help cover her training costs, and said the amount could reach Bt700,000 by the time they meet for the friendly match.

What are the odds that this money actually comes from his salary?

Camronwit insisted he wasn't just caught up in the sudden media frenzy following the teenage athlete's recent win, but had contacted her about the friendly match even before she clinched the world women's title in Guangzhou on Sunday.

You can insist all you want, I still don't believe you.

He said Ratchanok, 18, would be able to compete until the age of 30 provided she is disciplined, trains hard and does not get carried away by fame or temptation.

However, if her values change and follow the ones of the Thai police...

• Like 1

I bet she is just thrilled and can hardly wait to honour his presence. She is a very lucky lady and not everyone gets rewarded with such an honour. Be sure to wai, don't speak unless spoken to and definitely do not touch him. When your photo op is over be sure to give gratitude. He will have his secretary autograph the photo for you and you will receive it in the mail in due course.

And above all be sure that he wins the match.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Does she get arrested if she wins? I guess she teaches him badminton and he teaches her how to 'fund raise'.

He said Ratchanok, 18, would be able to compete until the age of 30 provided she is disciplined, trains hard and does not get carried away by fame or temptation

The Chief of Police went on to say "Alternatively she would be able to work as a Policeman till the age of 60 providing she displays no discipline, bribes her way through training programs and DOES get carried away by fame and temptation.

Ah badminton, the lazy mans tennis

No offence, but I don't think you have any idea. Ain't talking about the game that the little kids play on the street in front of the house or the game you may have played as a kid (somewhere in the west maybe?). Ain't nuthin' "lazy" about pro badminton. The young people I know that play do so for 1 or 2 ... hard ... hours, 1, 2 and sometimes 3 x a week.

Cynically I would say its 'popularity osmosis' just hoping some of that glow rubs off on himself. But to be honest, she is such a great player and an incredibly positive image for Thailand on the international stage, that I'm sure people in the higher offices admire her as much as everybody else in Thailand does, and the important thing is that she continues to develop her amazing talent so we can enjoy her matches for many years, and she can continue to dazzle people around the world and remove some of the sadly negative conceptions of Thailand in the global media.

I don't think that her undoubted skill and expertise will remove any of the negative conceptions that are held about LOS. Thongchai Jaidee,a golfer that I muchly admire, hasn't managed that. Golf is an immensely popular sport Worldwide, batting a shuttlecock across a net in comparison is very small potatoes.

Does she get arrested if she wins? I guess she teaches him badminton and he teaches her how to 'fund raise'.

He said Ratchanok, 18, would be able to compete until the age of 30 provided she is disciplined, trains hard and does not get carried away by fame or temptation

The Chief of Police went on to say "Alternatively she would be able to work as a Policeman till the age of 60 providing she displays no discipline, bribes her way through training programs and DOES get carried away by fame and temptation.

Promotion however depends on who she shags.

• Like 1

Will first dabs are already laid....

Oh, how soon we forget. Only a short while back we were treated to Thai badminton players fighting in Canada, now we have Miss Ratchanok playing shuttlecop with Kamronwit.

post-9891-0-34927900-1376499550_thumb.jppost-9891-0-48265500-1376499560_thumb.jp

The shame............................................and the fame.

Her future is assured, maybe a politician with Yingluck's help or a police officer with Kamronwit's help. Big choice.

Never let it be said that Bagwan sits on the fence thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

No offence, but I don't think you have any idea. Ain't talking about the game that the little kids play on the street in front of the house or the game you may have played as a kid (somewhere in the west maybe?). Ain't nuthin' "lazy" about pro badminton. The young people I know that play do so for 1 or 2 ... hard ... hours, 1, 2 and sometimes 3 x a week.

You might be right. I've played against some good people in Thailand, and it was fun (not kids and def not like when I was young)

• Like 1

Anchor!

Whoops ......................................... missed the W off.

Ah, you meant <deleted>? What's that? I think you meant <deleted>, as in "You are a <deleted>"

Edited by RisqEM

• 3 weeks later...

I bet she is just thrilled and can hardly wait to honour his presence. She is a very lucky lady and not everyone gets rewarded with such an honour. Be sure to wai, don't speak unless spoken to and definitely do not touch him. When your photo op is over be sure to give gratitude. He will have his secretary autograph the photo for you and you will receive it in the mail in due course.

And above all be sure that he wins the match.

I suppose she should be thankful that this match is not happening in North Korea....if she takes a point off him, she might be facing the machine guns...whistling.gif