Unable to change name

Handmade

Gd day brothers

lately i have just " SOLD " my bike Steed 600 (HD fatboy looks)

bike in Bangkok plate but staying in Chiang Mai

i am Unable to change the name in the Greenbook to the new owner !!!!

i was told to change the province of the bike from Bangkok plate to Chiang mai plate then i am able to do it .

but my bike unable to do so " NOT ORIGINAL CONDITION " !!!! blink.png

i was told to sent the bike back to Bangkok to do so wacko.png

ended up i have just refund the $$ back to the buyer

any Brothers have this same problems ?? solutions ??

can i renew the road tax in Chiang mai ?? at those authorize office along the road side ??

or i need to sent to Nong hoy road that Gov office ,

will they check on the pipe for loudness etc etc ?? passifier.gif

thank you brothers !!!!

post-177770-0-29147100-1376469816_thumb.

post-177770-0-58516100-1376469829_thumb.

Did you go to the Nong Hoi office to try and change it or did you go somewhere else?

Ive bought BKK bikes and Issan bikes with plates in those provinces and could always change owners in CNX. Changing plates is only an option, not mandatory.

You can renew registration/road tax in any province.

Edited by KRS1

Did you go to the Nong Hoi office to try and change it or did you go somewhere else?

Ive bought BKK bikes and Issan bikes with plates in those provinces and could always change owners in CNX. Changing plates is only an option, not mandatory.

Thanks bro for yr reply

Yes i went to Nong Hoi office . but was turn down .

NO NO cannot cannot need change bkk to CNX plate ok change name

bike U no original no no !!!!!!!!

renewal of road tax what will they look for ??

brgds

Changing plates is only an option, not mandatory.

Are you sure ? it doesn't work like that in Chonburi province.

Here if you want to change the name ( without going to the province the bike/car is currently registered in )

you first have to inform the ministry of transport that you want to move provinces...then a couple of days latter you can change the name

in green/blue book and recieve a new number plate ( with new number and province )

Did you try to do this yourself or get an "agent" to do it? Colour change has to be registered or changed in the book. But if the frame and engine number are original it should be OK.

my thai wife and her brother . ( agent MIa after 5 mins ) i dont understand why too

colour . frame . engine and greenbook all original (its in my wife name )

i just brought the bike in march 2013

i did approached bike shop and was told need 1 mth

Here if you want to change the name ( without going to the province the bike/car is currently registered in )

you first have to inform the ministry of transport that you want to move provinces...then a couple of days latter you can change the name

in green/blue book and recieve a new number plate ( with new number and province )

sorry bro ive to inform ministry of transport in bangkok or in chiang mai ??

now bike already in Chiang mai how can i do that ?

in chiang mai the Gov office refused me to do so as my bike not in original condition ??? what do u think ?? pls ref to my attach pics

thank U

Thanks bro for yr reply

Yes i went to Nong Hoi office . but was turn down .

NO NO cannot cannot need change bkk to CNX plate ok change name

bike U no original no no !!!!!!!!

renewal of road tax what will they look for ??

brgds

serial number, emissions, lights, exhaust noise, state insurance.

I know almost all the steeds came in as invoice bikes and books had to be acquired later by previous owners, maybe this is a problem?

Positive, ive changed 3 bikes from other provinces while living in CNX. I just tell them i dont need a CNX plate.

Everything is computerized on a network now.

• Like 1

Handmade.... I think KRS1 will disagree with me but give this a try.

1st step:

Go to the large/main department of land transport office of your province ( Nong Hoi ?? ) with your bike

and ask to " jeng yai bly tang autonomut " แจ้งย้ายปลายทางอัตมัติ ( inform move of province automaticly )

take a Thai speaker with you because there will surely be some bit of paper or some vehicle checks or something else that the official needs and you don't have with you.

I wish i could comment but i am having a hard time understanding the op....What is not original?

Same here! I am thinking that maybe the green book is not the original? Some shady dealers uded books from other bikes to get grey imports registered.

I wish i could comment but i am having a hard time understanding the op....What is not original?

Same here! I am thinking that maybe the green book is not the original? Some shady dealers uded books from other bikes to get grey imports registered.

Everything is Original . The officer did not even look at my greenbook and check on the computer ,.

1st thing 1st he turn down after looking at the lic plate province BAngkok .

need to change the province fm bangkok to chiang mai first

acc to him i am unable to change the province was because my bike is dressing in Harly davision Look NOT Original Steed look .

thanks for your reply

brgds

I strongly agree with YOU ...

this is the way it is now in chiang mai .

i will check out more by myself when i am there next mth sept . to change the province first for my future sales .

thank u

When the dealer of my PCX registered my bike in Lampang in the owner of the shops name I had to change from Lampang to CM before they would change the name in the green book to mine. It was not a big deal after the change of registration then the change of name was a walk in the park.

• Like 1

I did change plates a few weeks back in BKK I had southern plates on my Ninja 650r from the previous owner. I had to change it first to BKK plates (1 day) come back 2 days later get new plates and do the name change. Was not that hard just a lot of waiting.

But this is not the OP his problem, its that according to the DLT its not standard, maybe updating the book first to how it looks now, then a plate change and then name change ?

• Like 1

If i am understanding the inspector said the bike looks like a harley not a steed? Based on that they will not change the province? I guess this is like changing the color and has to be noted in the book.......

I would simply convert it back to original and bring it back

Handmade, the best is when you go to the main office of DLT near Big C Mae Hia (near airport also, go from Central Plaza to Hang Dong).

It's the one with the violet wall around where you get the driver license.

I hope you'll be able to understand what i talk about since for me until now it's not so easy to describe all the ways.

does the chassis and engine numbers same as the ones stated in the greenbook?

i do not think so your Harley dressings might be a problem but who knows, TIT.

Edited by ll2

You need to check:

- serial, engine size, model, brand, and color match the green book?

if everything match, then you change the Harley Davidson logo and put a Honda Steed logo, or just something temporarily. later you can put back the Harley logo..

sure you will have no problem,

or perhaps they want some bribe money? lol.

if your green book has some issues, that's a totally different story...

• Like 1

Handmade, the best is when you go to the main office of DLT near Big C Mae Hia (near airport also, go from Central Plaza to Hang Dong). It's the one with the violet wall around where you get the driver license. I hope you'll be able to understand what i talk about since for me until now it's not so easy to describe all the ways.

This office is for cars and issuing drivers licenses.

The son of a Thai friend bought a 125 Kawasaki something or other to convert to a café racer, which he did an ok job on since he hasn't much money. After the conversion he took to change the name in green book guess what( no can do has to look like the original bike) back home take everything off back with the old stuff bingo changed name no problem. This at Hong Noi CM so they are not picking on falangs.

If i am understanding the inspector said the bike looks like a harley not a steed? Based on that they will not change the province? I guess this is like changing the color and has to be noted in the book.......

I would simply convert it back to original and bring it back

thats lots of work ..... and $$

Handmade, the best is when you go to the main office of DLT near Big C Mae Hia (near airport also, go from Central Plaza to Hang Dong). It's the one with the violet wall around where you get the driver license. I hope you'll be able to understand what i talk about since for me until now it's not so easy to describe all the ways.

that Office only handle with cars . biks at NongHoi

: )

When the dealer of my PCX registered my bike in Lampang in the owner of the shops name I had to change from Lampang to CM before they would change the name in the green book to mine. It was not a big deal after the change of registration then the change of name was a walk in the park.

6 mths back i got a PCX too . in lampang plate But during that time No Problem .in chiang Mai can change name without changing the province .

understand from friends its because of that Lamborghini , ferrari . bently case now they have change the system

my orange PCX

post-177770-0-73852300-1376558511_thumb.

does the chassis and engine numbers same as the ones stated in the greenbook?

i do not think so your Harley dressings might be a problem but who knows, TIT.

yes everything is in order in the GreenBook .in bangKok no problems but in chiang mai ... : (

The son of a Thai friend bought a 125 Kawasaki something or other to convert to a café racer, which he did an ok job on since he hasn't much money. After the conversion he took to change the name in green book guess what( no can do has to look like the original bike) back home take everything off back with the old stuff bingo changed name no problem. This at Hong Noi CM so they are not picking on falangs.

GOOD NEW !!! and bad news

Good news e son of that thai friend of yrs did it .

bad news i dont know where to start on my bike she looks like Ms harly davison many many

job .

You need to check:

- serial, engine size, model, brand, and color match the green book?

if everything match, then you change the Harley Davidson logo and put a Honda Steed logo, or just something temporarily. later you can put back the Harley logo..

sure you will have no problem,

or perhaps they want some bribe money? lol.

if your green book has some issues, that's a totally different story...

Its a Honda Davision !!! LOL

post-177770-0-81501600-1376559090_thumb.

post-177770-0-40178400-1376559131_thumb.