Down Town Inn.

Ace of Pop

http://royallannahotel.co.th/

Royal Lanna any closer and you would be sleeping in the Red Lion.

So far that sounds the best, the other one was the Old Central, nice but Touristy somehow. I loved the DTI,it never got me,anyway!!..Any other options appreciated for a 3 Day without the Mrs.Is that Indian still open in the Subway/Mac D Section over the road.?.

'Mum's', just off soi2 Chiang klong is new, clean, quiet and crawling distance from the boring bar beer broads on Chiang klong rd.@ 800thb.

Thats Out. No Smoking. Dont Smoke but hate dictates..Friends do Smoke. Looks nice though. Thanks.

"Now its been demolished..."

Too bad the criminals responsible for the Downtown Inn deaths weren't buried in the rubble.

Since the cause of death was never established, despite extensive forensic tests in Thailand, USA and Japan I wonder what criminals you are referring to. There is a possibility that over-zealous use of pesticides could have been a cause but that was dismissed. Even if it was the cause, then negligence by an operator of a pesticide spray doesn't necessarily make him a criminal. Some people wanted to blame the owners merely because they are , like every other big business in the world, influential people. I very much doubt that the owners of several hotels and other businesses are directly involved in the day to day running of the businesses and as I said , since the causes of the deaths weren't established, then the suggestion of criminal activity is mere sensationalism. Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 2

Too bad the criminals responsible for the Downtown Inn deaths weren't buried in the rubble.

Since the cause of death was never established, despite extensive forensic tests in Thailand, USA and Japan I wonder what criminals you are referring to. There is a possibility that over-zealous use of pesticides could have been a cause but that was dismissed. Even if it was the cause, then negligence by an operator of a pesticide spray doesn't necessarily make him a criminal. Some people wanted to blame the owners merely because they are , like every other big business in the world, influential people. I very much doubt that the owners of several hotels and other businesses are directly involved in the day to day running of the businesses and as I said , since the causes of the deaths weren't established, then the suggestion of criminal activity is mere sensationalism.

Also some shoddy reporting didn't help matters either.

but as said earlier if all the OP wants to do is hang around the red lion the Royal Lanna is the place for him. He is so close the Royal Lanna security can come over and walk him home.whistling.gif

Since the cause of death was never established, despite extensive forensic tests in Thailand, USA and Japan I wonder what criminals you are referring to. There is a possibility that over-zealous use of pesticides could have been a cause but that was dismissed. Even if it was the cause, then negligence by an operator of a pesticide spray doesn't necessarily make him a criminal. Some people wanted to blame the owners merely because they are , like every other big business in the world, influential people. I very much doubt that the owners of several hotels and other businesses are directly involved in the day to day running of the businesses and as I said , since the causes of the deaths weren't established, then the suggestion of criminal activity is mere sensationalism.

but as said earlier if all the OP wants to do is hang around the red lion the Royal Lanna is the place for him. He is so close the Royal Lanna security can come over and walk him home.whistling.gif

Oh Dear we are a bitter young boy.When you are 70 perhaps you will have learned respect for others.

Oh Dear we are a bitter young boy.When you are 70 perhaps you will have learned respect for others.

I wish when you reach 71 you will develop a sense of humor.

don't bother with the arthritis it's not worth it.wai.gif

Since retirement H.D,humour on my part is sadly lacking,need a break from G/Kids and Wife,a Pint and a God Book will help restore it.biggrin.png

If its a God book you want to read why not check with one of the church groups???

tongue.pngsmile.png

....also , don't know if you will find any place in CM to your liking as most of them DICTATE that you pay for the room.

Doncha just hate these dictates....biggrin.png

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Since retirement H.D,humour on my part is sadly lacking,need a break from G/Kids and Wife,a Pint and a God Book will help restore it.biggrin.png

If its a God book you want to read why not check with one of the church groups???

tongue.pngsmile.png

....also , don't know if you will find any place in CM to your liking as most of them DICTATE that you pay for the room.

Doncha just hate these dictates....biggrin.png

Rates are one thing,P.C. School Yard dictates are another.facepalm.gif

The Suriwongse and Princess are also pretty close and a slight notch above R Lanna.

Or you could go mad and do Le Meridien? tongue.png

Took the Family to the Hilton in Hua Hin, rates were reduced from 12 K to 8K per night , the Beer Tokens took a Bashing ,so Meridians out.Perhaps ill join the Giro Brits in Soi Bukow.w00t.gif

Yes a God book and the Red Lion good start at developing a sense of humor.tongue.png

Edited by hellodolly

The Suriwongse and Princess are also pretty close and a slight notch above R Lanna.

Last time I passed maybe 7 weeks ago the Suriwongse looked like it was closed and maybe being cleaned up - is it still open? I stayed at it about 6 years ago and it was a dump then.

Edited by scotinsiam

Last time I passed maybe 7 weeks ago the Suriwongse looked like it was closed and maybe being cleaned up - is it still open? I stayed at it about 6 years ago and it was a dump then.

Not More Dead Bodies, Scotinsiam,Recon an Agatha Christie Books in order up there.w00t.gif

I think you mean "The cause of death was covered up". Or rather cause of deaths.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

I think you mean "The cause of death was covered up". Or rather cause of deaths.

Either you have much more information on this than I do ( I personally knew two of the victims and had a great deal of information on the progress of the investigation ) or you are making judgements based purely on your cynical prejudices. I strongly suspect the latter.

Just out of curiosity, maybe you could tell us what you know was the cause of deaths and, since you seem to know, what the motive was.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe
  • Like 1

Either you have much more information on this than I do ( I personally knew two of the victims and had a great deal of information on the progress of the investigation ) or you are making judgements based purely on your cynical prejudices. I strongly suspect the latter.

Just out of curiosity, maybe you could tell us what you know was the cause of deaths and, since you seem to know, what the motive was.

I personally feel that four deaths in that short a span of time was highly suspicious.

that being said, I feel that two of them an elderly couple dying with a heart attack with in a very short span of time is entirely plausible if they both had a bad heart. But as with the other two deaths we will never know.