Agent who deals with motorcycle change of name in green book.

wildpikey

I am looking for an agent that could deal with a name change in the green book when selling a motorcycle in Chiang mai.

It would seem that there are many different stories about how to do it and as usual in Thailand it would be a lot easier if someone could do it for me and save me the frustration.

Just go to the transport office on the Lampoon road near to the Holiday Inn Hotel .Enter the main building and speak to the girl at reception immediately to the left .Tell her you want the papers for selling your bike .Ask her to mark the spot on each of the two papers where the seller must sign .

Give these two papers ,signed by you ,along with a copy of your passport ( must include visa page ) to the buyer .Then its up to the buyer to do the rest .

I have sold several bikes recently that way .

ps , the buyer if he/she is a Falang will need to get a certificate of residance friom immigration .The Falang seller does not need one ( in Chiang Mai at least ) .

Better to take the buyer with you and complete it all at the Transport Office so you see the transfer done. If you leave the papers with the buyer and they do not file them with the office, you continue to be the legal owner and can be liable or get into a messy situation with the police if something happens with the bike like it is in an accident or used in a crime. It happened to a friend who had sold his bike 12 years before the police came knocking.

• Like 1

Just go to the transport office on the Lampoon road near to the Holiday Inn Hotel .Enter the main building and speak to the girl at reception immediately to the left .Tell her you want the papers for selling your bike .Ask her to mark the spot on each of the two papers where the seller must sign .

Give these two papers ,signed by you ,along with a copy of your passport ( must include visa page ) to the buyer .Then its up to the buyer to do the rest .

I have sold several bikes recently that way .

ps , the buyer if he/she is a Falang will need to get a certificate of residance friom immigration .The Falang seller does not need one ( in Chiang Mai at least ) .

Heard lots of stories but this seems simple enough.

One thing though. I don't have a valid visa at the moment, I'm just running on Visa excempts. So this is a problem? or do they just need the stamp page to make sure you are legally in Thailand and not on overstay??

Also is it possible to hand over the right to a third party to deal with the name change if I am out of country? and how would this be gone about?