Alternative to True/CTH

swerving

I was due to have CTH fitted this afternoon so that i can watch the English premier league, but a friend called me last night...as he had his fitted a couple of days ago...to say that CTH is crap. The football commentary is in Thai only and whilst i can speak Thai i cannot listen to Thai commentary on football...it does my head in with stupid cooments, ohoo every few seconds plus a lack of knowledge of the game. Added to this...no AXN, no BBC, no HBO. So, back to square one.

Anyone know of an alternative?

My CTH here on Samui is fantastic the quality of picture amazing what I did was I had my true and CTH re-aligned by an independent Satellite installer that cost me 400 baht and the quality is amazing even in bad weather only wished the CTH guy had explained to me that I had to press the green audio button to get English my problem is I never read the manual . I have suffered poor reception on True for 4 years and have concluded that the installers just want to get in put the dish up in the easiest place and clear off if you are having problems with reception do as I did and bring in an independent to re-align your dishes and fit new cable HAPPY DAYS !!!!!

• Like 1

Meant to say where as before I used to pay True - 2,155.15 per month now I pay CTH 961.93 inc of vat + 590 inc to True for Super Knowledge which gives me a saving of over 600 baht per month. It is early day I am sure CTH will get more channels and will become even better True got to greedy and believed they were to big they must be struggling with the huge amount of loss in revenue for not retaining the EPL

Meant to say where as before I used to pay True - 2,155.15 per month now I pay CTH 961.93 inc of vat + 590 inc to True for Super Knowledge which gives me a saving of over 600 baht per month. It is early day I am sure CTH will get more channels and will become even better True got to greedy and believed they were to big they must be struggling with the huge amount of loss in revenue for not retaining the EPL

With True super knowledge do you get AXN? Having CTH installed today, but the wife is moaning about losing AXN, so have said we will downgrade True to the basic. As long as she has AXN that will keep her happy.

With True super knowledge do you get AXN? Having CTH installed today, but the wife is moaning about losing AXN, so have said we will downgrade True to the basic. As long as she has AXN that will keep her happy.

No AXN try and convert her to BBC Lifestyle which is with the package AXN has adverts every 5 minutes drives me bonkers

Think you can only get AXN with the most expensive packages if you have cable it might be different as I only have satellite

No AXN try and convert her to BBC Lifestyle which is with the package AXN has adverts every 5 minutes drives me bonkers

Decent internet connection + sopcast + wiziwig website

Everso complicated!

And all the programs have Romanian commentaries!

I spose this must be the TV sport equivalent of drinking beer sitting on the steps of 7-11.

R