Pheu Thai seeks 'absolute control'

webfact

But, I thought it had all moved beyond Thaksin, yet here we are preparing for his imminent dictatorship. Sad times for Thailand indeed. Hopefully he keeps to his word and doesn't take revenge on his political enemies(lol).

When have Thaksin kept his word?

At 9 years and counting, he's well on his way to keeping his word that he would Rule Thailand for twenty years.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But, I thought it had all moved beyond Thaksin, yet here we are preparing for his imminent dictatorship. Sad times for Thailand indeed. Hopefully he keeps to his word and doesn't take revenge on his political enemies(lol).

Glad you added the LOL

His enemies had better run for cover when he returns

Maybe those from UK had better run for cover if he ever returns, I remember him saying "The UK would feel sorrow" for revoking his visa.

Whatever he meant when saying what he alledgedly said is open for debate but IMO the UK is no freind of his anymore and he could make things difficult for people from the UK...

Edited by MB1

What's next? Having judged elected by PT MPs?

Yes, that is approaching. I mean, they are never satisfied with judges, claiming bias any time the ruling isn't in their favor; intimidation. Countless times they violate rules, laws, try to change them in their favor. Everything is headed towards dictatorship.

[Yellow Shirt MP Ongart Kaompaiboon] said

"Pheu Thai's move to have all senators elected and remove appointed senators would greatly affect the country's political structure, since the ruling party would easily acquire a parliamentary mandate through a majority."

Ongart, sweetie, you have just defined democracy.

No wonder the Yellow Shirts hate being dragged into the 18th century

I really don't take sides when two groups of liars lay into each other, but it seems the "appointed" legislators also create a shadow government where the elected can be stymied by puppeteers in the background, each of whom have their own agendas they cannot promote publicly.