Price for plot of land to build a house

Can anyone give me an approximate price I should be paying for a plot of land to build a single storey house. The house will be in the Thung Saliam area (Sukothai).

Half a Rai would be enough. I know a lot of the pitfalls and the land would be in my girlfriend's name and I would hav a usufruct lease on the land. I guess it depends on the location. Thanks in Advance

Agree with above. Have you Googled "Sukhotai property for sale"? try it....ddproperty pretty good. All of the properties I have bought here in Thailand, though, have been done by just driving around with my Thai wife and looking for signs that say for sale and calling. Eat at a local restaraunt near an area you like and ask the proprietor if they know of any local land for sale. lastly if you see the perfect plot that you want (and no sign) ask the closet neighbor who the owner is and if its for sail . Surprisingly it seems that everything is for sale in Thailand .....just don't know sometimes until you ask. Good Luck

Make sure the guy selling it actually owns it. I once had a guy try to sell me land that belonged to the community.

Access to utilities and location in regard to roads and proximity to the nearest town will be the deciding factor on price. Make sure you have the right to road access as well.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to find out what land has sold for recently in an area? Will the land Dept give out such info?

And therein lies the key......knowledge of prices paid for Thai real estate.

You may be able to go to the local land office and find prices for sold parcels .....but what good would they be. The prices shown to the land office are probably "WAY OFF"....ie ...sellers and buyer conspire to show low price so pay LOW transfer tax.

Hanging around with the wife is the best choice, but I always stay back because the land price double when it's known that a falang is involved. Last plot of land we i.e. wife bought, the owner realised that a falang is involved when it came to payment. He frankly admitted that the price would have been higher if he knew the falang in the background.

Fatfather

Sent from my phone