double glazing

blueeyes

Has anyone heard of /used Hevta windows and doors company based in Bangkok????

I am about to use them as the salesman was one of the best I have come across he came to meet me in Korat showed me samples etc,

sent me many emails on time ( I changed my mind about many things) picked me up in Bangkok and took me to their warehouse showing me many possibilities and was generally very attentative with good English.

Their profiles was the best I have seen and so far his price is almost half of what Arc windows wanted.

If his end product are as good as the service so far I will be highly recommending them..........BUT

I thought I would ask here first in case of there being any horror stories.

I visited a windsor showroom and did not like the profiles as much as Hevta but i had a quote from Arc and it was almost double. I am awaiting 1 more quote to make my mind up.

I had read some where on this forum about someone getting quotes from Arc and Windsor. They were about the same price.

Please let us know what you conclude. I'm in the market for windows and doors.

Is it actually double glazing or just upvc windows .. never seen proper double glazed windows here.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I replaced a metal sliding window with a UPVC double glazed window.

ARC prices in Pattaya were about twice the price of the company I used as well.

Is it actually double glazing or just upvc windows .. never seen proper double glazed windows here.

What company did you use? Do you like the door? How much was it?

What company did you use? Do you like the door? How much was it?

At the time they were called WR Vinyl although the name has since changed.

There were some comments in this thread which may be interesting - don't be put off by the start date as it was resurrected this year - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/204156-pvc-windows-in-pattaya/

Mrs called ARC in Pattaya a few weeks back looking for a quote. Phone answered by farang saying quite rudely "I'm the boss and cannot help you call back later and talk to someone else". She did call back later, but it wasn't to ARC...

I visited a windsor showroom and did not like the profiles as much as Hevta but i had a quote from Arc and it was almost double. I am awaiting 1 more quote to make my mind up.

I had read some where on this forum about someone getting quotes from Arc and Windsor. They were about the same price.

Please let us know what you conclude. I'm in the market for windows and doors.

• 3 weeks later...

When the price is 'half' as you say then say hello to a full chinese or even thai manufactured upvc profile system, and your openings fabricated in some bamboo hut with slave migrant workers. our company also builds upvc windows and doors and the prices are a bit higher too but thats for a reason ;) They will still be there and look the same IF your house did not collapsed from the cracks that built up cause of cheap concrete used and omitted steel. Or melt away cuase they 'forgot' to put in glass wool under the roof..

hi prime

so what reason are your prices that bit higher??? perhaps you can give me a quote?

also for me and other followers can you give the spec that you would use ie german/english etc.

nb I am more than happy with the builder who has used the correct cement by cpac ( samples randomnly sent away for testing)and a high grade steel all checked and signed for by an overseer that we employ.

hi prime

so what reason are your prices that bit higher??? perhaps you can give me a quote?

also for me and other followers can you give the spec that you would use ie german/english etc.

nb I am more than happy with the builder who has used the correct cement by cpac ( samples randomnly sent away for testing)and a high grade steel all checked and signed for by an overseer that we employ.

hello blueeyes are you in korat ? if so i have just changed all my windows in a 5bed.house and are about to have 3 sets of double patio doors done as well.i had powder coated alluminium and the team done a very good job.just a thought if you want to have double glazing wouldnt you get a lot of condensation if you have air con in the rooms.if you want to come and see the work pm.me.

hi prime

hello blueeyes are you in korat ? if so i have just changed all my windows in a 5bed.house and are about to have 3 sets of double patio doors done as well.i had powder coated alluminium and the team done a very good job.just a thought if you want to have double glazing wouldnt you get a lot of condensation if you have air con in the rooms.if you want to come and see the work pm.me.

What was the cost of changing windows / doors etc? any details of the company you used, do they travel central thailand?

Thanks.

hi prime

I'm confused by your comment about double glazing and condensation. I thought double glazing was two panes of glass with and inert gas between then for insulation.

The insulation would mean that the glass should reduce the transmission of temper urge from one side to the other. Wouldn't that reduce the possibility of condensation?

hi prime

Hi meatboy

yes I am in korat but not at the moment, I will be soon then I will pm you and maybe we can meet up and discuss views I am new to this window game

but am doing as much homework as I can.

I am awaiting a quote from primbkk and will let you and mike45 know of what my final decision will be, at the moment Hevta is the cheapest but as prime pointed out the hardware would be coming from china so that is of some concern and I have a quote from another TV member who is dearer but we are both making inroads to what could be a deal and hardware is European import so I am weighing up both options (both give 10 year guarantee on profiles ) and will as I said give primebkk another couple of days to quote. ps one of the reasons I am going for multi lock dble glazing is I will not be needing any security grills which can add to the expense of aluminium or wood windows.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i am thinking of changing the glass in some of my windows to double glazed glass can someone give me an idea of price without going round the houses

i have read this thread and nobody said anything about how much which is object of the tread

i live in korat.

thanks

update.......

I did not use Hevta in the end for a certain reason I did however use a very good company, If anyone wants details please pm me.

Why didn't you use Hevta? What type of windows/doors did you choose? Also, are the multi lock double glazing windows/doors as protective as security grills? Can't this double glazing glass be broken/smashed by a persistent intruder with a heavy metal bar or cement block?

Edited by Ahnsahn

i am thinking of changing the glass in some of my windows to double glazed glass can someone give me an idea of price without going round the houses

i have read this thread and nobody said anything about how much which is object of the tread

i live in korat.

thanks

I have to install windows and doors, too, and the displays I see in Global House and Thai Watsadu look pathetically flimsy to me. Have you come across companies?

I have Hevta double glazed UPVC widows and doors, so far so good been in around two years, they are all non-sliding type and keep noise levels down and air-con in!

http://www.tradeupvcwindows.com/ http://www.arc-windows-doors.com/ http://europvc.co.th/ http:/ /www.prime-asia.co.th/ There are a few company's to look at I have used the first 2 I got windows from ARC over 10 years ago still going strong and a year ago I put main door and 2 bathroom windows from tradeupvc all working very good apart from the mosquito sliding door the net broke after a year but easily fixed. Cost for door and 2 windows approx 44k I can't remember the cost of the windows from ARC but 10 years ago they were expensive as not many company's at that time. I hope this helps you.

Regards

Scotsman

I think you have to separate the glass supplier from the frame supplier: Thai Asahi Glass (Thai) ((TAG)) is a world leader in the glass department and not too much more expensive than some of the other local options.

UPVC suppliers and frame constructors are plentiful.

The total price is almost certainly going to be cheaper than a supplied turnkey unit but the quality will be much higher.

I think you have to separate the glass supplier from the frame supplier: Thai Asahi Glass (Thai) ((TAG)) is a world leader in the glass department and not too much more expensive than some of the other local options.

The total price is almost certainly going to be cheaper than a supplied turnkey unit but the quality will be much higher.

Just asking..., but Is it common practice for these UPVC suppliers and frame constructors to sell only their frames to customers who have their own glass? (Is this what you are suggesting in your last sentence?)
FYI, at least one of the above listed companies uses Asahi glass.
Edited by Ahnsahn

Just asking..., but Is it common practice for these UPVC suppliers and frame constructors to sell only their frames to customers who have their own glass? (Is this what you are suggesting in your last sentence?)
FYI, at least one of the above listed companies uses Asahi glass.

Certainly it's not unusual, I did similar about six years ago when there weren't any supplier of double glazed windows around (that I could find). Also, there's different standards for TAG glass products, it's important to buy the one that fits your needs rather than just buying TAG glass. If you talk to TAG they'll give you the names of the constructors in different areas, the sales folk can usually bridge the information gap hence it's worth having a chat with them.