Allegations of assault by "Copyright" team at East Pattaya Internet Shop

webfact

Allegations of assault by "Copyright" team at East Pattaya Internet Shop

shop-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A team of copyright officials are currently under investigation after security camera footage emerged of an alleged assault on a 26 year old man prior to the seizure of computers from an East Pattaya Internet Shop.

On Tuesday Night a team of officials from the NC Digisoft 2005 Company lodged a complaint at Banglamung Police Station regarding the use of illegally copied software at the Tim Internet Shop in the Nong Pla Lai area.

shop-5.jpg

Police agreed to accompany the officers to the shop to ensure the seizure was made in compliance with Thai Law and without incident. When Police arrived at the shop, they began by checking the documentation from the NC Digisoft 2005 company which appeared not to be in-order. For this reason Police called-off the raid and told the copyright officials to leave.

Sometime later the copyright officials returned without Police and seized computers from the shop.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/99902/allegations-assault-copyright-team-east-pattaya-internet-shop/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-22

• Like 1

**A team of copyright officials... ** just exactly what is a *copyright official*? it looks like from the article that they are merely a team of thugs working for some derelict software company sent on a mission to harass & shake down stall owners...why does a media source use the term *official*, here, when that term is traditionally, according to custom, reserved for *A person holding public office or having official duties, esp. as a representative of an organization or government department.*?

Has the Corporation recently declared a Person by the Supreme Court of the US NOW been elevated to the status of Governmental Office-holder, in the eyes of The Media? nah! that's just plain ol' Fascist Think, ain’t it? 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif ;-} rap.

• Like 2

"When Police arrived at the shop, they began by checking the documentation from the NC Digisoft 2005 company which appeared not to be in-order. For this reason Police called-off the raid and told the copyright officials to leave".

<deleted> Somchia, I gave you plenty of warning that they were coming and told you to get rid of all incriminating evidence.

Ok I have sent them away to get a whiskey so clean up this mess before they get back.

The best part of the article was the last sentence.

Police ordered the company to return the computers and a criminal investigation into the alleged assault is now under way. - See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/99902/allegations-assault-copyright-team-east-pattaya-internet-shop/#sthash.QoLBIQxN.dpuf

The whole story sounds very much like the copyright guys are stepping into the BIB's Business and it's not appreciated. These copyright guys should back off as they are well out of their depth.

There was talk of a team of these guys extorting a business in Mae Rim, by Chiang Mai last week. Obviously I don't know if it's the same guys. They've got balls of brass though going back after the police ordered them out.

Someone has lost face here and I reckon they'll pay a price for doing that. That can't be celebrated though, it's two horrible dogs fighting over the same bone, with the ( relatively ) innocent Thai businesses constantly getting victimized.

I can't see an end to it either, that Bribespot system seems to be a report and do nothing system. There has to be teeth behind it and there's no way the PTP are going to tackle it.

There's no end in sight....

"When Police arrived at the shop, they began by checking the documentation from the NC Digisoft 2005 company which appeared not to be in-order. For this reason Police called-off the raid and told the copyright officials to leave."

Slip of the pen or a retarded typing-finger?

There is a great raid write up written in English by a Thai lady that ran an internet Café in Jomtiem, I think, explains the set-up by the copyright company (he installed some MP3 files from a USB stick - the next day "finding" them in a surprise raid) and the attempt to extort 250,000 Baht ? for a day's work.

• Like 2

There was talk of a team of these guys extorting a business in Mae Rim, by Chiang Mai last week. Obviously I don't know if it's the same guys. They've got balls of brass though going back after the police ordered them out.

Someone has lost face here and I reckon they'll pay a price for doing that. That can't be celebrated though, it's two horrible dogs fighting over the same bone, with the ( relatively ) innocent Thai businesses constantly getting victimized.

I can't see an end to it either, that Bribespot system seems to be a report and do nothing system. There has to be teeth behind it and there's no way the PTP are going to tackle it.

There's no end in sight....

These guys are nothing more than gangsters with police back up. I know of 2 "raids" by the so called copyright police. Both happened with either inside knowledge or tip off or both. One was for playing Thia music on the TV when the patron was only licensed for "falang" music. Thai music was never played anyway, but on the ocassion of the bust, it happened to be and people were thrown in jail, as a blackmail to pay the bribe, sorry fine. The 2nd one was a small Mom/Pop shop where the lady played youtube music on a laptop once only, which resulted in around 10 of these thugs storming in and demanding 100k. They took her laptop and photo'd a site that they pulled up on there as evidence. Then took her to the cop shop in Jomtien where the BIB turned a blind eye until she got the extortionate amount down to less extortionate 27k. All under the watchful eye of the on duty BIB. That's why they have 'brass balls' as the cops are in the same bed. Disgusting. A legal shake down.

Its my understanding a 'search warrent' is required for these searches and to take any property off the premises.

One of these shake downs is going to result in a body or 2, if someone does not find a legitimate way to make a living, and the RTP will again express their ignorance to the scam. Its been going on for dog years from the southern to the northern borders of Thailand.