Thai Actor Tony Jaa to join 'Fast & Furious 7'

webfact

Thai Actor Tony Jaa To Join 'Fast & Furious 7'
Diana / The Hollywood Reporter

tj.jpg
Tony Jaa, file photo

'Fast 7' will be his English-language debut

LOS ANGELES: -- It seems like Jason Statham won't be the only new international cast to join the seven installment of James Wan's Fast & Furious. Thai actor and martial arts expert Tony Jaa is also in talks for a role.

Jaa has made three Ong Bak films, which were considered an automatic success in his home country. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jaa used to watch martial arts movies and decided to follow in the footsteps of his heroes: Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

"I have been a big fan of the Fast and Furious franchise," said Jaa via e-mail from Thailand. "The films are fast-paced, fun and keep the audience involved. There is a great mix of humor and action, something I really appreciate. There is no better film to be involved in for a first U.S. studio production."

Full story: http://gotchamovies.com/news/thai-actor-tony-jaa-join-fast-furious-7-178179

-- GOTCHA MOVIES 2013-08-26

Tony Jaa To Join 'Fast & Furious 7'

Thai actor and martial arts expert Tony Jaa is also in talks for a role.

Which is it, is joining the cast or only in talks and may not get the part?

Anyway good luck to him, may be a huge culture shock tho Hollywood is nothing like Thai soaps.

• Like 1

Well done Tony, you are brilliant !

Brilliant???, What has he ever done? I have never heard of the guy.

Your ignorance of his success in Thailand does not make him any less 'brilliant'.

He is such a well known figure (and a decent actor in my view) it just makes you look stupid by posting - TWICE, at that !.

Get out more and watch some Thai films - Tony Jaa is not a soap actor..

Actually there isn't a big call for thai movies in Australian cinemas and personally sitting through up to 2 hours of screaming tantrum throwing Thai women on screen would be like sitting in hell. No disputing the fact he may be well known in the local market. Yingluk is well known in Thailand also but probably not known outside political circles in the rest of the world.

I Actually said "good luck to him" which is also a way of saying I wish him luck and not putting him down.

Edited by chooka

Your ignorance of his success in Thailand does not make him any less 'brilliant'.

He is such a well known figure (and a decent actor in my view) it just makes you look stupid by posting - TWICE, at that !.

Actually there isn't a big call for thai movies in Australian cinemas and personally sitting through up to 2 hours of screaming tantrum throwing Thai women on screen would be like sitting in hell. No disputing the fact he may be well known in the local market. Yingluk is well known in Thailand also but probably not known outside political circles in the rest of the world.

I Actually said "good luck to him" which is also a way of saying I wish him luck and not putting him down.

He is very talented chooka, world class, his talent can pull him through as to the former,her talent cannot...giggle.gif

• Like 1

chooka - this a Thai forum, about Thailand.

I know bugger all about Malaysian pit vipers but I wouldn't post "I have never heard of them" on the snake/pets forum.

Try and grab a dvd on one ofthe Ong Bak films. They are quite good and you will see why people rate Tony Jaa.

Tony Jaa vs Jet Li

Fair enough he is into martial arts movies. A selected audience type movie. Guess that is why I had never heard of him as I'm not really into "B" movies.

Still hope he can make his mark his mark in Hollywood and eventually get a decent movie.

Tony Jaa vs Jet Li

Fair enough he is into martial arts movies. A selected audience type movie. Guess that is why I had never heard of him as I'm not really into "B" movies.

Still hope he can make his mark his mark in Hollywood and eventually get a decent movie.

Bruce Lee (not comparing)made a lot of B movies before the big break, heard of him chooka?...giggle.gif

Tony Jaa vs Jet Li

Bruce Lee (not comparing)made a lot of B movies before the big break, heard of him chooka?...giggle.gif

yea I saw the movie the crow awhile back, nothing special to rave about. He has sorted of faded out, what has he made lately?

• Like 1

Tony Jaa vs Jet Li

Bruce Lee (not comparing)made a lot of B movies before the big break, heard of him chooka?...giggle.gif alt=giggle.gif>

yea I saw the movie the crow awhile back, nothing special to rave about. He has sorted of faded out, what has he made lately?

Chooka.... Chooka.... Oh Chooka.....

Sorry to burst your bubble but... it was "Brandon Lee" in "The Crow" not "Bruce Lee".... F.Y.I (not that you need to know but still) Brandon Lee is the son of Bruce lee.

A small tip - Not Commenting on things you dont know is totally Fine....

Tony Jaa vs Jet Li

Bruce Lee (not comparing)made a lot of B movies before the big break, heard of him chooka?...giggle.gif alt=giggle.gif width=20 height=25>

Not sure if you are kidding or not but with both Bruce and Brandon Lee, they are both dead so this no is why they haven't made any movies recently or in decades for that matter. Brandon actually died while making "The Crow".

• Like 2

Actually there isn't a big call for thai movies in Australian cinemas

His film 'Tom Yum Gung' was set in Sydney.

totster smile.png

Sydney? Where's that? I never go to off-the-beaten-track places. Nor would I ever think of Googling to find out about it. whistling.gif

totster smile.png

Sydney? Where's that? I never go to off-the-beaten-track places. Nor would I ever think of Googling to find out about it. whistling.gif

Sydney, is a city in what used to be the best country in the world.

• Like 1

Surprisingly quite a lot. Try researching him and viewing his talents.

There's more to life than beer, footy and playing with koala's. He's certainly done more than many so called Australian "stars".

totster smile.png

Sydney, is a city in what used to be the best country in the world.

best country in the world .................... yeah, right.

Tony Jaa vs Jet Li

Usual well informed intelligent remark from "down under".

Australia - the land of culture. Nearly as much as yogurt.

The land that gave us Skippy, Kylie, Jason Donovan, and all the trashy soaps - Neighbours, Sons & Daughters, Home & Away. The Thai soaps look fantastic when compared to that crap.

Edited by Baerboxer

I liked the Ong Bak movies, the trouble is, there is a vary big and good movie industry here, unfortunately these films only get shown in the cinema and never or very rarely on TV. Tony Jaa is possibly the biggest internationally known Thai SUPERSTAR. Fair play to him.

Australia - the land of culture. Nearly as much as yogurt.

The land that gave us Skippy, Kylie, Jason Donovan, and all the trashy soaps - Neighbours, Sons & Daughters, Home & Away. The Thai soaps look fantastic when compared to that crap.

Nice to know you know your crap!

• Like 1

Could be wrong, but I believe Tony's second movie was made mostly in Australia. His 3 biggies are the "Ong Bak" movies and actually well made. You might want to give em' a go. IMO 1 and 2 pretty good fare with a box o' popcorn (#3 so so)clap2.gif

Surprisingly quite a lot. Try researching him and viewing his talents.

There's more to life than beer, footy and playing with koala's. He's certainly done more than many so called Australian "stars".

Has he won an Oscar??biggrin.png

• Like 1

I liked the Ong Bak movies, the trouble is, there is a vary big and good movie industry here, unfortunately these films only get shown in the cinema and never or very rarely on TV. Tony Jaa is possibly the biggest internationally known Thai SUPERSTAR. Fair play to him.

He is probably a superstar in Thailand and I can't dispute that and as I said I wish him all the best and hope he makes it in Hollywood. Internationally known or an international star? Not really Are Thai movies even screened outside of Bangkok?.

Asked my Thai wife about him and she has heard of him but says he is not really a big actor just makes action movies and she doesn't really like him much.

Edited by chooka

DNFTT