Where is Htee Khee - Suranon

Finlaco

I've googled but alas no joy.

Anyone know where Suranon is

It realtes to 'Four 'overland' Myanmar-Thai border crossings to open - date set as 28th August' http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/663321-four-overland-myanmar-thai-border-crossings-to-open-date-set-as-28th-august/?utm_source=newsletter-20130826-0943&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Thanks

this is here:

http://www.flightsinmyanmar.com/latestnews/?p=193

just ask my aunty - her name is www.google.ch wai2.gif

Interesting! It mentions that it's on an "under construction" Dawei-Kanjanaburi road.

Wonder just how "under construction" it is? No through road shows up on Google maps, but looking at satellite view it seems there is something there.

The prospect of a bike trip from Kanjanaburi to the Burmese coast is pretty intriguing... smile.png

Clicking around on Google Maps satellite view I found this: http://goo.gl/maps/1Zmd6

Looks to be the only thing resembling a border crossing in that area.

There's even an old picture of the crossing if you drag the little guy onto the map.

Hopefully they've upgraded it a bit if it's going to be a full crossing laugh.png

post-176105-0-69430200-1377614919_thumb.

Ban Phu Nam Ron is the crossing that is part of the proposed Bangkok-Kanchanaburi-Phu Nam Ron-Dawei expressway. However, I would be highly surprised if this crossing were the fourth one to be opened alongside the other three main crossings.

Maybe Suranon is another name for the recently upgraded Dan Singkorn crossing? I recall the name Kee Thee being mentioned as the Burmese town in the Thanintharyi division bordering Thailand so there seems to be a connection although I think Mawmaung or whatever it's called is directly opposite Dan Singkorn. Surely it would make more sense to first open either the Three Pagodas pass, which has been repeatedly mentioned as becoming a full international crossing soon, or Dan Singkorn, but not Phu Nam Ron, which will take a while longer for the infrastructure to be completed.

Anyway, I will see what I can find and update you guys accordingly.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just there yesterday to renew my pass port for another 30 days. I have a guy in Kanchanaburi that takes me for under 2,000 THB.

ILLEGAL!

Do you remember the hassle that occurred about 8 years ago?

Hundreds of people had to "lose" their passports due to legal visa stamps....some spent time in the monkey house and others had their passport taken by the courts for months

Edited by wilcopops

I was just there yesterday to renew my pass port for another 30 days. I have a guy in Kanchanaburi that takes me for under 2,000 THB.

ILLEGAL!

Do you remember the hassle that occurred about 8 years ago?

Hundreds of people had to "lose" their passports due to legal visa stamps....some spent time in the monkey house and others had their passport taken by the courts for months

ILLEGAL? Am i missing something?

Whats illegal about 'bigjoelo' doing a visa run to Ban Phu Nam Ron, paying an agent 2,000baht to taxi them there/back and probably includes the Myanmar visa fees and getting a 30 day extension in their passport!

Thought this happens hundreds of times each day to different border posts connecting Thailand with neighbouring countries.