How to Convert Epub format files to Mp3 format files?

luwahn

What you will need to do is to -

1. Convert epub to text file using Calibre (freeware ebook converter).

2. Install a text to speech software such as Natural Reader (there is a free version).

3. Covert text file to mp3.

Note that the "voice" that comes free with Natural Reader is not very "natural" although it will serve. To get a better result you need to buy a "voice" (such as those that come with the paid versions of Natural Reader. I personally like "Bridget" (British female voice) from Neospeech. You can hear samples on their website. It will work well with Natural Reader.

Good luck.

What you will need to do is to -

1. Convert epub to text file using Calibre (freeware ebook converter).

2. Install a text to speech software such as Natural Reader (there is a free version).

3. Covert text file to mp3.

Note that the "voice" that comes free with Natural Reader is not very "natural" although it will serve. To get a better result you need to buy a "voice" (such as those that come with the paid versions of Natural Reader. I personally like "Bridget" (British female voice) from Neospeech. You can hear samples on their website. It will work well with Natural Reader.

Good luck.

Thaaank you for this work-around. I was hoping that there would be some sort of solution for this in this ever increasingly tech-world that we live in.

Is this a routinely performed operation?

I will follow your steps as soon as I can!

If you have an Android device then most e-reader apps will do text-to-speech directly from epub without any intermediate steps. I've tried a few on mine and some of them aren't bad at all.

This is also a very good remedy! I will try it also ... Thanx!

I use Natural Reader to vet my manuscripts all the time.

If you intend to do it a lot, it is really worth while to get a professional grade "voice". They sound much more human and easy on the ear.

As for the Android ebook readers, I use Cool Reader and it does read text reasonably well but I don't think it can save the conversion to mp3, which is what you originally asked.