Bang Krachao Bike Rental possible ?

turgid

Is hourly or daily Bike Rental available anywhere near to or on Bang Krachao ?

I've looked at several archived threads but they appear to suggest you either go on a formal tour or bring your own bicycle.

Yes. If you leave from Khlong Toei Pier you can rent a bike on the Bang Krachao side right at the pier. I have my own bike so I can't remember the prices posted on the sign but I think they will rent by the hour, half day, and full day. You can probably rent bikes from other piers too but I don't know that for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all who responded.

Yes you can rent bikes. They are OK but fairly old single speed (even the ones that look like they have gears are set to only use one speed) and cost 50 Bht an hour or 100 Bht for the day. We went on a Tuesday and didnt see any other tourists although there were some Indians shooting a movie on the roads.

It was a pleasant morning out and i'd recommend it for someone who wants to escape the endless bars markets and shopping centres of Bangkok. We did cycle into the park area which has the aura of a place that was once heavily invested in but has been ignored for many years and I do wonder if commercial redevelopment is imminent.