Information on special ID card

dottie

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area of Thai Visa (move it to another forum if I'm in the wrong place) ....

Has anyone heard of the "bprajam dtua dtaaw" card? I've attached a copy of the note that a helpful Thai person wrote for me. Hope I've read it correctly.

The reason why I ask is because, if you have this, you can get the Thai rates at the Siriraj Hospital's new private wing. Otherwise, you pay 25% more for any medical procedures there.

I am not sure if only permanent residents can get it or if anyone who pays tax in Thailand can get one.

The friendly staff at the Siriraj weren't sure if I could get one of these but thought that, if I could, I could get it at my local Khet office.

If anyone knows about this, can they let me know who can get it, how & where to get it, time involved and any costs?

Thanks!

post-50726-0-20533100-1377592310_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow-up to this, I just found out from my Khet office that this card is only issued to nationals of Cambodia, Laos, Burma, etc. I had actually written it slighly wrongly in English...should have been "bprajam dtua dtang dtaaw" card.

Edited by dottie