Getting a departure permit

Hi,

Tomorrow I am going to the immigration for extention of stay for me and my daughter. My daughter will also need a departure permit or re entrance permit..

As far as I remember one can get it at the airport on the day of departure for a fee.

Am I right about it?

Thanks for the information.

Blossom

It's called re-entry permit.

Get it the same time as the extension at immigrations.

1000 baht for single, 3.800 baht for multiple.

Use the T.M 8 form here.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc

You can also get it at the airport as emergency.

If you know you are going, get it at immigrations.

Often it is fine to not bring the child with you. if they told you that, it will be OK.

Yes, you can get a re-entry permit at the airport, but they can also give it at the immigration office if you are already there. If her presence is not required for the extension it will also not be required for the re-entry permit. (At the airport the re-entry permit is 200 baht more expensive, but at swampy they do take the picture themselves, you do not have to bring one).

Hi,

I know of this possiblity, but try to avoid dragging her with me.

I's rather get a re entry at the airport if possible.

----------------

Yes you CAN get one at the airport when you leave but it is smarter to get one at immigration before you leave.

For one thing you normally have to check in for your flight before they will let you get a re-entry permit at the airport.

Depending on exactly what time and when you leave it may take you a long time to check in.

I've waited as long as 3 hours in the queue to check in before.

It doesn't often happen I admit, but it can.

Then there is the queue departing through immigration. I've seen waits there for well over a hour.

Why take a chance on being delayed, or the re-entry permit desk at the airport being closed when you want to leave,

It can happen, it's happened before.

Why risk it, since you must go to immigration for your extension anyhow, get the exit re-entry permit at the same time.

It's your choice, but why wait until the last minute?

Get it done at immigration and stamped into your passport ahead of time .... and it's done then.

Hi,

I know of this possiblity, but try to avoid dragging her with me.

I's rather get a re entry at the airport if possible.

----------------

Yes you CAN get one at the airport when you leave but it is smarter to get one at immigration before you leave.

For one thing you normally have to check in for your flight before they will let you get a re-entry permit at the airport.

Depending on exactly what time and when you leave it may take you a long time to check in.

I've waited as long as 3 hours in the queue to check in before.

It doesn't often happen I admit, but it can.

Then there is the queue departing through immigration. I've seen waits there for well over a hour.

Why take a chance on being delayed, or the re-entry permit desk at the airport being closed when you want to leave,

It can happen, it's happened before.

Why risk it, since you must go to immigration for your extension anyhow, get the exit re-entry permit at the same time.

It's your choice, but why wait until the last minute?

Get it done at immigration and stamped into your passport ahead of time .... and it's done then.

Not sure what pint you are trying to make. He already said he will try to get the re-entry permit at the immigration office in post 7.

• Like 1