Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

if the OP could PM a copy of the proposed contract to me, I will undertake not to

( a ) discuss the contents within this forum

( b ) make public any subsequent communications or discussions between the OP and myself regarding any variations or deletions that may be agreed regarding the terms and conditions.

I also agree that by receiving a copy of such contract in advance of the seminar, this is merely for personal reference only.

And you have a genuine interest in attending the seminar? Somehow after all your posts I fail to believe it. Am I wrong?

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI mr walen. just a question do you trade any other markets.

why do you invest in so many companies. wouldnt it be better to invest in less and get greater return. i think your portfolio is so diversified.

I did not invest in thailand cause it hit a 15 year high in may and its strange but i would rather invest heavily in the US and japanese. So far ive done really well.

Also why did you only start investing 2 weeks ago i think your a little late to the party.

If you want to learn join the seminar. Also I am have not started investing two weeks ago. I said I bought those stocks two weeks ago. You do not sound like someone who would really benefit from my program.

Phronesis, you have missed totally the point of the school. I teach how to invest, students make their own investment decisions, I posted school's portfolio in this thread but you probably just opened the thread and went to the last post without reading previous comments? I guess that is what you have done otherwise you would have noticed that there is an example of the schools portfolio with the current status. Actually a few examples.

Also I really do not care about my critics, they will criticise no matter what I do, that must be the most annoying part for them. I know what I am doing and those who are interested have a choice. They can learn investing and get rich, or perhaps learn trading and in most cases lose money. The choice is theirs. Thanks for contributing.

Macwalen

I will save you the trouble of running your courses.

If any TV member wishes to PM me I will provide them (free of charge) step by step instruction of how to invest in any asset class they wish to identify.

Can you also please PM the details of your schools public liability policy so that I can review it to see if it covers the provision of investment products.

Very witty of you. I do not need any. I am not selling any financial product or make any recommendations. I teach how things work and develop investors skills.

Phronesis, you have missed totally the point of the school. I teach how to invest, students make their own investment decisions, I posted school's portfolio in this thread but you probably just opened the thread and went to the last post without reading previous comments? I guess that is what you have done otherwise you would have noticed that there is an example of the schools portfolio with the current status. Actually a few examples.

Also I really do not care about my critics, they will criticise no matter what I do, that must be the most annoying part for them. I know what I am doing and those who are interested have a choice. They can learn investing and get rich, or perhaps learn trading and in most cases lose money. The choice is theirs. Thanks for contributing.

Macwalen

If any TV member wishes to PM me I will provide them (free of charge) step by step instruction of how to invest in any asset class they wish to identify.

Can you also please PM the details of your schools public liability policy so that I can review it to see if it covers the provision of investment products.

Very witty of you. I do not need any. I am not selling any financial product or make any recommendations. I teach how things work and develop investors skills.

In a few hours ?

Serious question, MacWalen. Is the seminar geared towards an investment opportunity?

Please answer honestly.

I am not the market maker, I do not create investment opportunities but the markets certainly do. If you are ready and know what to do you can earn a lot of money. That is an honest answer as are all my other answers. I have no need to lie. If you think I would be selling some investing opportunity in the form of some financial product or selling some investment fund than the answer is no. I am not selling any investment product/opportunity. It is purely educational. I am sure you know what schools do.

Edited by MacWalen

Macwalen

In a few hours ?

Yes Transam, a lot can be taught in few hours. Investing is not a rocket science.

If you show real results trading the SET then the enrollments will follow. If you don't then...I guess it is back to peddling loop hole visas...

Phronesis, update of Walen portfolio as of 9 Sep 2013. See the attachment. Enjoy. It is getting better and better.

Showing actual results is a good first step. Unfortunately, 2 weeks is not really useful, actually it is worse since some people might think it means something when obviously 2 weeks performance is meaningless.

Secondly, in order to really make sense of the results and to be fair you need to show what the market overall did during the same period of time. You don't mention exact dates but counting back "2 weeks" from the date of the post I see the market run up about 10% during that period vs. your 4.5% (ex. commissions). is that about right?

Rambling, if you were able to get it exactly right I would call you a prophet. The shares I bought corrected more than the market so they have a higher upward potential.

Your reply made no sense to me. Looking at the figures I show the market went up 10% and your portfolio 4.5% during those 2 weeks of the life of this portfolio basket. That means your stock picking portfolio under-performed the market and with increased risk. Just buying the index / ETF and going to the beach would result in better returns.

Also no reply as to why only 2 weeks of track record?

You can teach some stuff in a few hours sure, you can also teach something about Formula 1 driving in a day. But if someone thinks they'll know how to invest or race a car after a few hours of instruction then they're in for an unpleasant surprise.

• Like 1

if the OP could PM a copy of the proposed contract to me, I will undertake not to

( a ) discuss the contents within this forum

( b ) make public any subsequent communications or discussions between the OP and myself regarding any variations or deletions that may be agreed regarding the terms and conditions.

I also agree that by receiving a copy of such contract in advance of the seminar, this is merely for personal reference only.

And you have a genuine interest in attending the seminar? Somehow after all your posts I fail to believe it. Am I wrong?

How can I possibly answer your question honestly right now when you have given so little information to potentially interested parties to enable them to make a proper decision?

Whether I choose to attend will depend a lot on the terms and conditions of the contract, which is why I would like to examine it in advance (bearing in mind this would seem to be the only kind of information you are prepared to provide in written form beforehand).

Alternatively, if you are not prepared to provide me with the contract in advance ( even after I have offered you a non-disclosure undertaking) then if I do attend will I be required to pay your 3000 baht before being given a copy of the contract ?

Based on your lack of response on this issue so far it seems the earliest time people will have a chance to read this document is just prior to the beginning of seminar itself. So if I then refused to sign it or i asked for any changes and you didn't agree would I be denied entry to the seminar? And would i get my 3000 baht back ?

Edited by Asiantravel

Your reply made no sense to me. Looking at the figures I show the market went up 10% and your portfolio 4.5% during those 2 weeks of the life of this portfolio basket. That means your stock picking portfolio under-performed the market and with increased risk. Just buying the index / ETF and going to the beach would result in better returns.

You can teach some stuff in a few hours sure, you can also teach something about Formula 1 driving in a day. But if someone thinks they'll know how to invest or race a car after a few hours of instruction then they're in for an unpleasant surprise.

I made a lot of money last year too. I can show it to those who join. If you can pick the bottom at the right time then that would he indeed amazing. Sure you can buy index if you can do it at the right time. It is easy to be a smart alec, harder in practice.

I am not able to teach when to exactly enter the market as it is very hard to do, I teach general rules and even then there is risk involved. I know however how markets work and how to get odds in your favour. You have a talk of a trader, I am not teaching trading. For this you need to ask experts who participated in this thread. Also it is quite possible that you are a better investor than me and you can also open your school and teach if you wish. I really do not mind.

Asiantravel, I would actually not want to teach you and I don't want your money. I do not feel you would benefit and it would be unethical to accept you as a student. Also you do not respect me, hard to learn from someone if you do not respect them.

• Like 1

Asiantravel, I would actually not want to teach you and I don't want your money. I do not feel you would benefit and it would be unethical to accept you as a student. Also you do not respect me, hard to learn from someone if you do not respect them.

Respect has nothing to do with anything when money is talked about. I want to talk about visa scams, a big money earner but I dare not.

Post your contract here so I can see the outline of your course and the small print. If you have nothing to hide it will perhaps be beneficial to yourself.

I want to read it as a consumer.

Respect has nothing to do with anything when money is talked about. I want to talk about visa scams, a big money earner but I dare not.

Post your contract here so I can see the outline of your course and the small print. If you have nothing to hide it will perhaps be beneficial to yourself.

I want to read it as a consumer.

Transam, I would be very surprised if you spend your 3,000 on the seminar. I somehow cannot see it. So what is the point? Out of pure curiosity? Also you think your financial results will depend on the contract you sign? I'm afraid not. Regarding respect, I do not teach people if they do not respect me. I need quality of life. I am not teaching to fight with anybody. I need to feel comfortable, otherwise I do not do it. Is that clear enough for you?

Edited by MacWalen

I have just returned to this thread after about a week. It was becoming so boring then. But wow, almost 500 posts relating to a seminar that would not be allowed in any country that proper financial regulation in place. It still however remains to be one of the most boring and pointless threads presently, or ever, on Thaivisa.

One thing Mr Walen is aware of for sure : A fool & his money are easily parted.

• Like 2

But I can possibly learn to respect you MacWalen if you put my mind at rest that this is not some kind of scam against those that are easily influenced? smile.png

The reasons I raised the questions in this thread about the contract is as a potential consumer it is my obligation to ask for this kind of information from you - the service provider -so that I am not disadvantaged later in the eyes of various authorities who are there to protect the interests of the consumer.I am doing now what is required of me.

You see what I find inconsistent is that on the one hand you are claiming that the revenue from this seminar is not in the slightest bit important to you and that you are only interested in sharing your knowledge with others and yet you seem to be very reluctant to give any information on the seminar other then vague promises " learn how to make money " no mention of the fact that you can lose money ?

Nope, not clear at all. On a bus or what ever I do not know what a guy sitting next to me is thinking, you do not know what a guy you give an ED visa real motive is. You take the money, pure economics for your business. I cannot imagine your new venture is any different.

I have just returned to this thread after about a week. It was becoming so boring then. But wow, almost 500 posts relating to a seminar that would not be allowed in any country that proper financial regulation in place. It still however remains to be one of the most boring and pointless threads presently, or ever, on Thaivisa.

Commander I have to disagree with you there .smile.png

There are more than sufficient laws, rules and regulations even here in Thailand to adequately protect the consumer. - particularly with this kind of topic

Even for after the event wink.png

I made a lot of money last year too. I can show it to those who join. If you can pick the bottom at the right time then that would he indeed amazing. Sure you can buy index if you can do it at the right time. It is easy to be a smart alec, harder in practice.

I am not able to teach when to exactly enter the market as it is very hard to do, I teach general rules and even then there is risk involved. I know however how markets work and how to get odds in your favour. You have a talk of a trader, I am not teaching trading. For this you need to ask experts who participated in this thread. Also it is quite possible that you are a better investor than me and you can also open your school and teach if you wish. I really do not mind.

There's no need to pick tops/bottoms to make money.

Yes, I am a trader. Investing is different in many ways but I think the process of becoming a successful investor isn't a whole lot different.

I have taught friends in the past privately but opening an investing and trading school is not for me.

You may or may not have added value to teach about investing, I can't tell based on the data presented so far. But I would be careful with promises. The allure of making "easy" money quickly will get you more paying students for sure and is no doubt hard to resist but in the long run setting expectations at a realistic level is the right thing to do.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Nope, not clear at all. On a bus or what ever I do not know what a guy sitting next to me is thinking, you do not know what a guy you give an ED visa real motive is. You take the money, pure economics for your business. I cannot imagine your new venture is any different.

I do not teach Thai personally, I teach investing personally. If I do not feel comfortable with a student I do not want to teach him. There must be good chemistry.

no mention of the fact that you can lose money ?

Asian, how can you lose money by learning about investing? Learning about sex is not the same as having sex, maybe this simple example will be easier to understand.

“ learn how to make money “implies giving false hope or making false promises.

By now after reading 21 pages anyone with half a brain can see clearly the type of student that you do want to attract. Not only those that are uninitiated in financial matters but those that are uninitiated in other ways as well.ph34r.png

Edited by Asiantravel

I am almost tempted to sign up for this seminar, not because I think I will gain anything from it, but to record the seminar presentation on my phone, then stick it up on You Tube.

rgs2001uk, you would stick it on You Tube and what? Also the visual part of the seminar? It is like listening to the soundtrack of a Hollywood movie, not quite the same. You would not have the right to do it but if despite that you did it I would not sue you. I really would not have time for it. It just would show what kind of person you are. I tell you get ready for poverty. I already can picture you drinking the cheapest beer and dreaming about a date as you are heading straight down the path of poverty with this kind of attitude. Unless parents have some inheritance you did not work for. I know a few who wish their parents die so they can get inheritance. You are really getting a reputation as a TV poster. You just lost a lot of points. Nobody would do business with you if they knew you were this kind of person and believe me people know each other and sooner or later they figure out who you are.

Edited by MacWalen

Asian, how can you lose money by learning about investing? Learning about sex is not the same as having sex, maybe this simple example will be easier to understand.

By now after reading 21 pages anyone with half a brain can see clearly the type of student that you do want to attract. Not only those that are uninitiated in financial matters but those that are uninitiated in other ways as well.ph34r.png

Are you obsessed with poverty? If you are, and keep thinking about it that is what will happen. Your thought attract reality. I do not make any false promises, also these are not promises. This is reality, people can make money, money makes life easier and more pleasant. If you think everybody wants to cheat you perhaps you are judging others by your standards? That would not be nice.

Are you obsessed with poverty? If you are, and keep thinking about it that is what will happen. Your thought attract reality. I do not make any false promises, also these are not promises. This is reality, people can make money, money makes life easier and more pleasant. If you think everybody wants to cheat you perhaps you are judging others by your standards? That would not be nice.

And quite the opposite applies. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of prudence. i.e. asking for information and understanding properly what you are signing up for. I get the impression you don't want people to ask too many questions. Pay up and shut up. That would not be nice eithersad.png

Commander I have to disagree with you there .Posted Image

There are more than sufficient laws, rules and regulations even here in Thailand to adequately protect the consumer. - particularly with this kind of topic

Even for after the event Posted Image

Glad to hear that Asian, but still, I think, lacking the full nanny- state approach that is certainly now in place in Europe and, for that matter, in Singapore. And let's be honest about this; when it comes to what the man in the street should do with regard to investing his money - I have to agree with the nanny-state approach. Do you honestly believe that mr Walen would get permission from the UK's FSA to charge money for the advice he's about to give.