where to find a condo 'show unit' decorator? (home staging)

when selling in the west, i hear there is a trend to hire a 'home staging professional', who temporarily decorates your condo or house to show unit standards... all the high end furnishings, perfectly curated.... but you just pay a fee for the designer and furnishings, and don't have to buy the actual furnishings... you are renting them until unit is sold...

there are varying statistics on the web about how houses sell xx% faster, and for xx% higher asking prices.....

i'm sure an interior decorator can do the design, but having access to all the furnishing and willingness to rent them while waiting for the sale is what i'm looking for...

any contacts appreciated.....

I cant help you with contacts, I'm afraid, but I do wonder whether this would be cost-effective here on all properties. It seems to me that the sale price would have to be quite high to cover the cost of doing the staging. Easy enough to achieve in better properties in the West but perhaps not so here?

You also have the problem that properties tend to be sold here including most or all furnishings, so it would have to be pointed out to the person viewing that they arent getting the nice display furniture.

When selling my house in Europe I just ensured that the cleaning lady came in for a few hours before every viewing, instead of coming on her regular day.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...