Opening a domestic THB account for a non Thai company.

For some reason my thread of today seems to have been deleted ?? If theres something wrong with the below post perhaps a mod could PM what it is ??

==============================================

Long story short I have a need for a THB account to pay costs for a non Thai company that has no office or work here.

Kasikorn were very much mai dai.. I couldnt get clarity on if this was a law or a bank policy.. they even phoned head office to explain but she was less than clear too, something about needing a paper from the chamber of commerce (I suggested BOI ?? and she said yes that, when that clearly wasnt what she started saying). I realize its my fault for not being fluent in Thai but really they were not able to explain precisely what they wanted. Well what they wanted was a Thai company only and me to go awayreally. Thinking outside of the norm obviously stressed them, I was getting that "this hurts" face..

I have accounts in Sing, IOM, UK, Etc.. On one of those I also have a visa card. I have costs to meet in Thailand but Thai contractors and services being what they are they want cash or bank transfers and often cannot take visa. Paying things by international bank transfer with Tx costs and currency FX is simply not feasible for every small job, bit of legal advice, print run or similar.

We have no business inside Thailand, dont perform any work inside Thailand, and have no reason to attempt any Thai incorporation simply to pay a few services, cover costs, pay expenses etc.

Is there any hope of getting a simple basic corporate account in THB from any bank in Thailand ?? What about the international banks with an office in Bangkok ??

I am currently unhappy with HSBC singapore so would be loathe to use them here.

Apparently this is not possible without the paper the head office talked about.

You can get an account in your own name rather easily, but an account in a company which has no legal status in Thailand whatsoever seems to be impossible.

Edited by geordieman2

Oh, the paper required to be able to do this is called "permission to operate as a representative office" issued by the Department of Business Development (where you go register limited companies etc)

Does anyone have any experience of getting this paper ??

All I will be doing is bringing money into Thailand and spending it on thai services and expenses. Restricting companies spending money in Thailand is an odd way to develop an economy.