English Lyrics to the Thai National Anthem

moradave

For years I have been listening to the beautiful Thai National Anthem on Thai TV at 8:00am and 6:00pm. Since I cannot pronounce, or understand, let alone remember the Thai lyrics, I sang la-la-la-la-la etc. to the melody.

Then I decided to find an English set of lyrics I could sing to the melody. Not able to find any on the internet, I next decided to pen (with my word processor) an English set of lyrics that fit to the melody. I tried to keep to the meaning of the Thai lyrics as closely as possible.

Now when the anthem is played on TV, I sing the lyrics along with the tune much to the the delight of my Thai wife, who is an avid patriot.

I would like share my lyrics with you to sing to your tilac. However I recommend that you do NOT sing them in public as it might be disrespectful to some Thais.

Here they are:

____English lyrics to fit the melody of the Thai National Anthem ____
Thai-LAND unites the flesh and blood of all the Thais,
The land of Thailand belongs to all the Thais,
Their sovereign-TY has always long endured,
For the Thais seek l-o-v-e and also unity,
Thais love peace you know, but to war they'll go,
No tyrant can their freedoms take away,
The Thais will give up every drop of blood,
Long last the nation's pride and victory hooray.
------Lyrics by moradave May 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, I have never tried it but I am sure that I couldn't. I like the syllable match ...สงบ = you know /คลาด = they'll go.

if you don't mind, i'd like to suggest that (in Thai lyrics) it is 'ขลาด' that means 'to be coward.' Actually, 'คลาด' means 'to miss' e.g. 'ฉันพยายามมาพบคุณถึงสามครั้ง แต่ก็คลาดกันตลอด.'

Congratulations, I have never tried it but I am sure that I couldn't. I like the syllable match ...สงบ = you know /คลาด = they'll go.

if you don't mind, i'd like to suggest that (in Thai lyrics) it is 'ขลาด' that means 'to be coward.' Actually, 'คลาด' means 'to miss' e.g. 'ฉันพยายามมาพบคุณถึงสามครั้ง แต่ก็คลาดกันตลอด.'
Don't mind at all. Thanks.