Lab tests show Thai rice clear of chemical residues, toxins

webfact

That alpha toxin ( sorry.. aflatoxin see internet like wiki etc ): at which level tested ?

Uni with very sophisticated test devices or commercial = 0.5 ppb ( = microgram aflatoxin per kg rice) or.. EU level max tolerated 2 ppb for B1 type only, of B1+B2+G1+G2 below 4 ppb or ...at Thai allowed max tolerance of 30 ppb, or.. ?

Why these differences in max tolerated levels ?

Simple: you want to keep any contaiminated rice out ( EU, .. oh nice sideline, protect your rice farmers in Italy and Spain) or.. think of the commercial interests.. when this max tolerated level is a lot higher.. not so much is refused, so.. businesses are allowed to sell, people are allowed to eat it.

When after so many years people get liver cancer... prove the coincidence espoecially when that person is Hepatitus patient..

Therefore... I do not want to touch ( Thai or any other) rice unless I very well know the farms, the rice mills etc as rice importer into the EU.

Governmental lab tests... not worth the paper it is printed on.

Point of view of the EU ( this is Dutch NVWA official statement ! ! ) food autorities even towards commerical certifications of organisations like Bureau Veritas, Det Norske Veritas, Lloyds, SGS, TUV etc with their 2800 master or bachelor graduated auditors: certificaten uit derdelanden: dan zult u het met me eens zijn dat hier nog vaker het predikaat "onbetrouwbaar" op geplakt kan worden, om niet te spreken van "fraude".

In English: Certificates from third countries: then you have to agree with me, that here even more the classification "untrustworthy" has to be put on, not to speak about :"fraude ". Remind, we speak about "certifications", not about Photoshop look alikes !

Look at the database of the combined EU food autorities about all problems since 1979: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/rasff-window/portal/index.cfm?event=SearchForm and you will be shocked about the number of rejects, also for origin Thailand.

Notifications list : 1306 results

That alpha toxin ( sorry.. aflatoxin see internet like wiki etc ): at which level tested ?

Uni with very sophisticated test devices or commercial = 0.5 ppb ( = microgram aflatoxin per kg rice) or.. EU level max tolerated 2 ppb for B1 type only, of B1+B2+G1+G2 below 4 ppb or ...at Thai allowed max tolerance of 30 ppb, or.. ?

Why these differences in max tolerated levels ?

Simple: you want to keep any contaiminated rice out ( EU, .. oh nice sideline, protect your rice farmers in Italy and Spain) or.. think of the commercial interests.. when this max tolerated level is a lot higher.. not so much is refused, so.. businesses are allowed to sell, people are allowed to eat it.

When after so many years people get liver cancer... prove the coincidence espoecially when that person is Hepatitus patient..

Therefore... I do not want to touch ( Thai or any other) rice unless I very well know the farms, the rice mills etc as rice importer into the EU.

Governmental lab tests... not worth the paper it is printed on.

Point of view of the EU ( this is Dutch NVWA official statement ! ! ) food autorities even towards commerical certifications of organisations like Bureau Veritas, Det Norske Veritas, Lloyds, SGS, TUV etc with their 2800 master or bachelor graduated auditors: certificaten uit derdelanden: dan zult u het met me eens zijn dat hier nog vaker het predikaat "onbetrouwbaar" op geplakt kan worden, om niet te spreken van "fraude".

In English: Certificates from third countries: then you have to agree with me, that here even more the classification "untrustworthy" has to be put on, not to speak about :"fraude ". Remind, we speak about "certifications", not about Photoshop look alikes !

Look at the database of the combined EU food autorities about all problems since 1979: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/rasff-window/portal/index.cfm?event=SearchForm and you will be shocked about the number of rejects, also for origin Thailand. Notifications list : 1306 results

Aflotoxin is a storage mould. Thus fresh local and foreign new crops don't have a problem. Keep rice for any significant time and it becomes a problem.

There are thousands of storage moulds that pong without being aflotoxin. Perfectly feasible to pass the tests but a musty smell is a musty smell.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Strange. Why did the U.S. just send the rice back without first getting a local lab' involved in testing the product ? Once the Thai lab' results were out they could then compare results and if any 'white lies' were involved from the Thai side they would know instantly and ban all further imports of said product.

Strange. Why did the U.S. just send the rice back without first getting a local lab' involved in testing the product ? Once the Thai lab' results were out they could then compare results and if any 'white lies' were involved from the Thai side they would know instantly and ban all further imports of said product.

It doesn't need a test to confirm it's of nose. Open the container is normally sufficient.

Yea right, because Thailand says it is. I wouldn't trust a thing Thailand says, this is a country who's high profile officials threaten and intimidate Consul staff for informing people of the corruption and scams. They will do absolutely anything to rip off foreigners and that means lying, cheating threatening and intimidating.