Grace Hotel 'The devil you know' vs. switching to Ambassador

hermespan

I've been told by a number of Nana bargirls they refuse to go to the Grace Hotel, too many horror stories. One example, a lady I know from a bar on Soi 4 went with a customer there only to find a bunch of his mates awaiting their arrival. Apparently this is quite common. Another story doing the rounds is concerning BiB set ups but I think that is as far as I want to go on a forum. Plenty of other places on Soi 4 across the road.

• Like 1

I've been told by a number of Nana bargirls they refuse to go to the Grace Hotel, too many horror stories. One example, a lady I know from a bar on Soi 4 went with a customer there only to find a bunch of his mates awaiting their arrival. Apparently this is quite common.

That is common practise for Indians in Pattaya. They are notorious for it.

I've been told by a number of Nana bargirls they refuse to go to the Grace Hotel, too many horror stories. One example, a lady I know from a bar on Soi 4 went with a customer there only to find a bunch of his mates awaiting their arrival. Apparently this is quite common.

That is common practise for Indians in Pattaya. They are notorious for it.
Didn't want to mention nationalities but they were the nationality mentioned. Annoy me more than the Russians to be honest.

many others even including the infamous Miami, never again, I do like the view onto the Miami from the Sofitel Sukhumvit though.

I used to stay at the Miami in my younger days but it got ever more squalid and my tolerance for dumps vanished. It's a pity, it could be quite marvellous if they caught up with 30 years of maintenance.

Atlanta? Snooty?? That's a massive understatement. A friend and his Thai wife, married for more than 10 years had reservations there a few years ago. He and his wife were rudely and dismissively denied a room..even though he had his marriage certificate and offered to show them.

Snooty doesn't even begin to cover it; "charming" my ass!

"Your 'friends" probably turned up looking like tramps to be treated like this."

That is an asinine, ignorant statement. It reflects more on you than on them.

Over 20 different destinations in Thailand, staying at over 30 different hotels (ranging from 2-5 stars), over the course of 12 years with 4 different Thai GFs (not at the same time for the wise asses), and I have never once been questioned about our marital status or denied a room.  This includes the Oriental and Peninsula hotels in Bangkok, rumored to have problems, and travelling with similar couples. I’m not saying it’s not possible, I’m just saying it seems rare. 

My wife, of 16 years and I have also had this experience, but mainly in tourist areas. Even if no questions are asked you can tell from the look the staff give you as to what they think. The other is, asking for wife's ID card. My solution to this is to pass over our Aussie passports with hers on top. This stops any further questions.

If it did happen, I would lose my $hit. For the record, I have never stayed at the Atlanta.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app