More convenience, safety for tourists at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

More convenience, safety for tourists at Suvarnabhumi Airport
By English News

1378085660293.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 2 – Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport has set up a special centre to facilitate passengers during the peak tourist season in October to March, according to airport director Rawewan Netrakavesna.

She said the centre, located on the fourth floor of the passenger terminal, was launched yesterday and would be operated round the clock until March 31 next year.

The numbers of security officials and protective measures would also be boosted to provide safety to passengers.

Airports of Thailand (AoT) estimated 27.5 million passengers arriving and departing Suvarnabhumi airport per year, on average 152,000 people daily – an increase by 5.5 per cent year-on-year. The highest number of passengers are from China, Japan and Russia.

The airport provides service to an average 806 flights a day, a 2.6 per cent increase year-on-year, she said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-09-02

The numbers of security officials and protective measures would also be boosted to provide safety to passengers.

What kind of warning those officials will give to tourists ? dangerous roads ? jet ski scams ? phuket taxi and transportation mafia ? illegal taxi operated at suvarnabhumi ? or how to deal with bangkok angry taxi driver who refuse to drive you because its either not his way , too late or too far .....

​Those official will speak Russian ? Chinese ? the idea is interesting but need to be developed with serious.

• Like 2

I read this a few times but remain totally uninformed.

There's a new special centre. It facilitates passengers.

If you have to take a quick dump it can facilitate you to the nearest toilet.

I wonder if they will charge for this valuable service?

Are they going to put one on each level to direct you to the one on the fourth level?

Many unanswered questions.

• Like 1

Are they going to put one on each level to direct you to the one on the fourth level?

555 Yes, there probably will be.

555 Yes, there probably will be.

Maybe scatter a few through the parking lots?tongue.png

Totally Thai Logic at work here.......

Let's see, Tourist arrive on Level 2

Tourist leave the country on Level 4

Who would need this service the most? Level 4 naturally, wouldn't want anything to happen to them on the 100m walk to immigration now would we! thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

Ah! now there is an improvement...

When you arrive from Chiang Mai, they take you on a bus to the bus gate. You then go up an escalator, where you are directed to a glass door mid way along a walkway between zones. you have the option to turn left to A, B C etc. or right to E F, G etc. Your onward boarding pass has no gate number, there are no signs at the glass door, the 3 or 4 airport staff at the door have no idea. So, you flip a coin and go left because last time your connection was from gate C. You walk 100 metres to the first information desk, to find you should have turned right....

With this improvement, you can now go all the way to 4th floor and they will facilitate you and save you the confusion - Oh, no wait...

What kind of warning those officials will give to tourists ? dangerous roads ? jet ski scams ? phuket taxi and transportation mafia ? illegal taxi operated at suvarnabhumi ? or how to deal with bangkok angry taxi driver who refuse to drive you because its either not his way , too late or too far .....

​Those official will speak Russian ? Chinese ? the idea is interesting but need to be developed with serious.

You forgot Tsunami.

I too wondered what security was lacking at Swampy......I normally feel quite safe having some peanuts and a beer in the lounge!

Increasing immigration official numbers and channels, and baggage moving equipment and personnel I could happily understand.

As usual I am trying to read between the lines here.

Why does this place make me do that?

• 2 weeks later...

It would assist my own passing-through Swampy, if things were not so arranged, so that it seems impossible to get from a domestic connecting-flight to my international outward-flight, without walking miles past King-Power Duty-Free shops.

Somehow I don't think that will be changing, any time soon ! wink.png

• Like 1

It would assist my own passing-through Swampy, if things were not so arranged, so that it seems impossible to get from a domestic connecting-flight to my international outward-flight, without walking miles past King-Power Duty-Free shops.

Somehow I don't think that will be changing, any time soon ! wink.png

====================

Actually there is a way to avoid all that King Power shop row crap.

Just request a wheel chair from the airline when you book the ticket.

They will meet you at the plane with the wheelchair and wheel you straight to the luggage area and then through immigration without going past the shops. They use the lift and will take you through the security entrances where you can not normally go.

They then wheel you to the priority immigration counters to have your passport stamped and then out from customs to the meeting point or a taxi.

Cuts out all that overpriced duty free junk in the shopping mall.

Give the Thai who wheels you a 50 Baht tip and he will be really happy. You'll never have to see King Power again.

Often you'll be the first one off the plane and first through baggage, immigration, and customs.

But don't say I told you this.

Works both going out and coming back into Thailand.

(just so you know I am classified as having "limited mobility".)

Edited by IMA_FARANG