Upright freezer - where to buy ?

ukrules

Does anyone know where I can buy an upright freezer ? The type full of drawers in like you get back in the UK/US ?

I don't need a huge one, something 3 or 4 foot / 1-1.3 Meters high will be just fine although if the only option is to buy a full sized one I can live with that.

The fridge freezer combination I have right now doesn't have enough freezer space so I'd like to buy an additional freezer and avoid these chest freezers if possible.

I'm living in Hua Hin now but I'm open to getting one delivered from Bangkok if that's the only way to do it.

I was in Home Pro Plus in Bangkok today (Phloen Chit) BTS Wireless Road and saw a unit that matches what you described. I believe it was around 11.000 THB - I'm going back tomorrow if you'd like I can take a picture- let me know & I can ask about shipping to Hua Hin. Doing a house makeover so all the staff are great to me :)

• Like 1

Thanks, there is a home pro in Hua Hin so I'll take a look there and see if they have it. I believe it's a regular Home Pro, not a Home Pro plus. I've been there before and it's a pretty big store, perhaps similar in size if not bigger then the one you went to on Sukhumvit so maybe I'll get lucky.

A photo or model number might come in useful when I'm down there. If they don't have it maybe they can order it for me.

Thanks, there is a home pro in Hua Hin so I'll take a look there and see if they have it. I believe it's a regular Home Pro, not a Home Pro plus. I've been there before and it's a pretty big store, perhaps similar in size if not bigger then the one you went to on Sukhumvit so maybe I'll get lucky.

A photo or model number might come in useful when I'm down there. If they don't have it maybe they can order it for me.

Done- I'm there everyday I'll post pics and model tomorrow. I'm thinking of picking one up myself and also curious if any other members have suggestions.

• Like 1

The freezer (above) is a Sanyo, HomePro and Powerbuy have them (but not all Powerbuy stores) white in colour. The only one (upright) I have seen here that's not commercial it is about 5' high and only about 50cm wide. From memory it has about 5 drawers, each with its own door. Each drawer has about enough room to get a standard 7 baht bag of ice in it. Ok if you don't need something to big and bulky it should do the job for you

price is 11,490 Baht

• Like 1

This is the unit- free delivery in Bangkok and to Hua Hin 300 to 500 to your home not the store. Item takes 10 days to order. This unit is a Mitsibushi and they weren't sure if you could order it there or not.

Apologies the pictures are bad - I was rushing because of a low batt & sorry you'll have to turn your head :)

post-183262-0-10987300-1378184983_thumb.

post-183262-0-02278700-1378185039_thumb.

post-183262-0-40073800-1378185092_thumb.

post-183262-0-03227500-1378185124_thumb.

Edited by ToddWeston
  • Like 1

This is the unit- free delivery in Bangkok and to Hua Hin 300 to 500 to your home not the store. Item takes 10 days to order. This unit is a Mitsibushi and they weren't sure if you could order it there or not.

Apologies the pictures are bad - I was rushing because of a low batt & sorry you'll have to turn your head smile.png

I have the exact one in my bar, 3 months now and it is frost free and works a treat.....

• Like 1

I popped into HomePro and they didn't have this model in the store which is what I expected.

I showed them the printed photo from ToddWeston and that did it. I've ordered my new freezer and it will be delivered in 14/5 days. No delivery charge !

• Like 2

Apologies the pictures are bad - I was rushing because of a low batt & sorry you'll have to turn your head smile.png

I have the exact one in my bar, 3 months now and it is frost free and works a treat.....

2nd this. We have the same unit. 1 year in and working wonderfully. Fast freeze is a nice touch too. Good purchase.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...