step daughters father refusing permision to allow daughter out of the country

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People put a lot of effort into this particular sub forum, you're out of order not telling us it was not Thai related.

maybe, but

a) from the british Governments point of view the rules for granting the application should be the same for different countries,

B) someone may have posted something which I and others may have found useful

c) its stimulated a lot of debate

d) Nobody is dead

I'm not, like some, into playing the blame game, but I will say that all the advice you have been given re sole custody is, of course, irrelevant as that applied to the law in Thailand.

Whatever the nationality of your wife and whichever country your step daughter currently lives in, I doubt that many here would know the law regarding custody of an illegitimate child there.

As far as a UK visa is concerned, the rules are, of course, the same; unless you are talking about another EEA country.

What country is it?

Edited by 7by7

I'm not, like some, into playing the blame game, but I will say that all the advice you have been given re sole custody is, of course, irrelevant as that applied to the law in Thailand.

Whatever the nationality of your wife and whichever country your step daughter currently lives in, I doubt that many here would know the law regarding custody of an illegitimate child there.

As far as a UK visa is concerned, the rules are, of course, the same; unless you are talking about another EEA country.

What country is it?

Namibia, which I believe from the British Governments perspective fails into the same category as Thailand in terms of visa applications, I have made postings before, you may remember, we have been trying to get the father to agree for almost 2 years, but he aint budging, in terms of giving his permission (which we are aware he is entitled to do)

Although not a legal expert, i am aware of the law in namibia, since 2007 fathers were given legal rites in terms of access to there children, included those fathers that had played no part whatsoever in the child's life since birth, so to take a child out of Namibia requires consent from both biological parents, however this can be overuled on 'compassionate grounds (We believe this has happened before in namibia, was just really fishing to see if there was any other strategy i could adopt, which some one on this forum may have taken if in a similar circumstance

What country is it?

Namibia, which I believe from the British Governments perspective fails into the same category as Thailand in terms of visa applications

The UK immigration rules and requirements are the same for all countries outside the EEA; Namibia, Thailand, The USA, all of them.

I do recall you posting before about this; but for some reason it doesn't show in your posting history. Have you changed your user name?

I know nothing about custody law in Namibia.

Obvious question; but have you spoken to a family lawyer there? Can your wife not obtain sole custody through the Namibian courts?

Many on this forum, including myself, have been in a similar circumstance; but as Thai law and Namibian law are obviously different on this matter, our experiences are, to be blunt, of no use to you.

Edited by 7by7

Oh.. For the love of Peter... F***en Namibia! Really OP... <deleted>!

Took a wrong turn at Timbuktu Visa Forum and found Thai Visa Forum instead?

Say hi to Mr Fredricks next time you're in town for me...

Good troll post though... Reeled everyone in and then..... BAM! Namibia...

• Like 2