Great online order experience with SawaddeeIT

foxontherun

I just wanted to share my positive experience ordering a computer online from SawaddeeIT.com. They have no other feedback here that I could find, so I thought this review could potentially be of use, and I like to support businesses that go the extra mile. Maybe someone can add them to the pinned thread listing online vendors? Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this company in any way, and do not profit in any way from writing this.
I was quite apprehensive about ordering an expensive (~40,000 baht) item from an untested vendor, having just stumbled upon them in a web search, but nobody else in Thailand had the very new ASUS laptop model that I wanted in stock, so I took a chance. From the start, Khun Montri at SawaddeeIT was great about answering all of my (English language) email inquiries promptly, even at night. His responses were always honest and very informative, and there was no pressure to buy. When I did order, I sent the payment via bank transfer at night, and he sent out my item the next day. It was delivered to me (in Chiang Mai) one day later, in perfect condition. The total delivery fee for this overnight service was 100 baht. Montri kept me briefed every step of the way: receipt of payment, tracking number, contact info for delivery company's local office, expected delivery time, and so on. He encouraged me to test the item as soon as I received it (he had asked me whether I wanted him to do this before shipping it out, but I preferred to receive a factory sealed box) and to keep all of the packaging, so that he could take care of a return/exchange for me if there was any issue. Fortunately, everything was in perfect working order. Montri mailed out my receipt and tax invoice in a separate envelope, and when I opened it, I found a couple of extra goodies inside: a SanDisk USB flash drive and a USB hub, both of which I can use. This was a nice touch.
So, in short, ordering from SawaddeeIT was a painless experience, and the customer service I received was first rate and friendly. Now you know.

I just took a look at the site, and it appears to be yet another schizophrenic site that is half in Thai and half in English, with no way to switch to an English only version (unless I missed it).

Anyway, good to hear you had good customer service experience and all went well.

I just took a look at the site, and it appears to be yet another schizophrenic site that is half in Thai and half in English, with no way to switch to an English only version (unless I missed it).

Anyway, good to hear you had good customer service experience and all went well.

use google chrome instead of firefox or ie (which should be banned from any pv) and you get automatic translation from any langage within a second...

• 2 weeks later...