Phuket beach bar blaze was arson, says owner

webfact

Phuket beach bar blaze was arson, says owner
Eakkapop Thongtub

1378276419_1.jpg
Not much was left by the time the fire was extinguished.

PHUKET: -- Fire destroyed a no-name beer bar at Bangtao Beach just before midnight last night (September 3). No one was hurt but the financial loss to the owners of the bar, Sanong Aon-dee and his wife, was estimated at about B300,000.

Mr Sanong, 59, said he believes the fire was set deliberately. The bar was closed at the time, he said. “I was working at the time as a Border Force Volunteer in Phuket Town. My wife was at home, about 500 metres from the bar.

“I believe it was arson. Someone did this because of a business issue,” he added, without going into detail.

Strong winds fanned the flames and although fire trucks were able to extinguish the blaze in 30 minutes, by the time they did so there was little left apart from scorched beer cans.

Cherng Thalay police will investigate.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beach-bar-blaze-was-arson-says-owner-41725.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-04

Looking at the photo it looks like it was torched.

Thai flag survived .

Mr. Sherlock how can you determine that from looking at a photo? Flames spread, I would deduct that there was a fire how it started MIGHT just need investigation!
If you look at the Photo I was making a joke about everybody in it was shining a torch.

Not a very good one I admit.

• Like 2

Thai flag survived .

Maybe it was a farang bar and after they burnt it down they raised the Thai flag over the site to claim victory. smile.pngsmile.png

>>No one was hurt but the financial loss to the owners of the bar, Sanong Aon-dee and his wife

Edited by LivinginKata
off topic flame removed

Thai flag survived .

Maybe it was a farang bar and after they burnt it down they raised the Thai flag over the site to claim victory. smile.pngsmile.png

>>No one was hurt but the financial loss to the owners of the bar, Sanong Aon-dee and his wife

Maybe "his wife" is a farang. :) :)