Jetstar launches non-stop Melbourne to Phuket flights

webfact

Jetstar launches non-stop Melbourne to Phuket flights

PHUKET: -- Jetstar will launch non-stop flights between Melbourne and Phuket from December 14, Travel Weekly has announced.

The Qantas off-shoot will operate two weekly flights to Phuket from December 14, rising to three in March.

“We see a lot of customers booking flights to Phuket via Sydney and Singapore so we’ve decided to add a non-stop flight for Victorians,” Jetstar Group chief commercial officer David Koczkar was quoted as saying.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/jetstar-launches-non-stop-melbourne-to-phuket-flights-41747.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-09-05

Obviously oblivious to the dangers of phuket giggle.gif , what people don't understand is, that from 100 Percent of tourists,only about 3 percent, if even that, get stung with scams, i laugh when people say. Phuket is going down the drain , another nail in the coffin, numbers talk,whingers walk.cheesy.gif

Obviously oblivious to the dangers of phuket giggle.gif , what people don't understand is, that from 100 Percent of tourists,only about 3 percent, if even that, get stung with scams, i laugh when people say. Phuket is going down the drain , another nail in the coffin, numbers talk,whingers walk.cheesy.gif

300K aussies in Phuket each year, So that 3% is about 9K aussies per year that get scammed (reported scams) then you add on all the other nations.

300K aussies in Phuket each year, So that 3% is about 9K aussies per year that get scammed (reported scams) then you add on all the other nations.

A drop in the ocean compared to the big picture, as i said,if even that,its probably not even half a percent, i was just showing that its doing pretty good,wouldn't you say??

Great.

Even more drunken, foul mouthed, tattooed, singlet wearing bogans.

And that is just the women...the Melbourne blokes are far...far worse...

And where may I ask is the Utopia that you come from

I am not an Australian but they are generally a great nation of people ready to help the underdog

Get a life and keep out of low repute bars etc and you may see the world

• Like 1

Why the hell would ANYONE want to fly Jetstar? Tried it once from Brisbane to Melbourne, never again.

They are supposed to be a cheap airline but beware, they have a lot of hidden charges and they might still be dropping you off at Avalon Airport (20kms outside Melbourne) where you will have to get a taxi ride to the city.

The only airline with upfront pricing information is Thai.

(Advice from an Aussie who has been bitten by the Star, never again)

• Like 1

Why the hell would ANYONE want to fly Jetstar? Tried it once from Brisbane to Melbourne, never again.

They are supposed to be a cheap airline but beware, they have a lot of hidden charges and they might still be dropping you off at Avalon Airport (20kms outside Melbourne) where you will have to get a taxi ride to the city.

Avalon 20kms outside of Melbourne? Get your google maps out again old chum, you're about 30kms short...

At 20kms outside of the CBD, that would be Tullamarine, Melbourne's main international airport...

Thai is full service, Jetstar is not... Lets not get into that topic though... Apples and oranges...

What are these "hidden" charges?

Flew with jetstar Melbourne to Bangkok, all good, , meals were fine,paid all upfront, was very cheap, stewardesses were polite,no yobbos on board, thats just my experience.

I have noticed with these budget airlines like air asia, jet star etc by the time you pay all the extra's there isn't much difference in the prices to flying one of the Major carriers like Singapore. The Budget ones are ok for short flights Melbourne - Sydney. If flying for more than 2 hours then I bypass the no frills airlines, 9 hours starring at the back of a seat without any room to scratch yourself and absolutely nothing to do I would go insane.

• Like 2

Is this an aussie airline, i'm asking as ive never heard of it...

Yes,Australian, its a budget airline, Qantas kicked it off to compete with Virgin i think.

Jet Star is the Aussie equivalent of Air Asia . Same seat colours and similar hidden costs that you don't find out about until you hit the pay page. Air Asia has prettier stewards tho.

i must admit i have only flown Jet star once and that was enough . Perhaps they have improved since then. I only fly Air Asia because of the price .

I think THAI should offer some flights from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane direct to Phuket. Not only from Perth and not only seasonally. They did offer a stupid Bangkok-Sydney-Melbourne-Phuket-Bangkok flight once, which literally stopped in every possible city en-route, but better would be a separate, dedicated Phuket service from each of these 3 other cities. I'm sure there would be plenty of passengers. Not everyone wants to go to Bangkok first and THAI's obsession with offloading passengers in Bangkok needs to end. While they're at it, a couple of new services from Chiang Mai to regional cities would also be a start.

Who would want to travel with Jetstar to Thailand? Awful service and not cheap at all. Infact their prices are domestically the same price as Air Nz here in NZ...

I fly with AirAsia,Virgin and Cebu Pacific regularly and the service dors not even compare. No smiles, no consideration,just frowns and "those are the fare rules sir now pay again" statements.

They ripped me off when I experienced a "technical issue" with their payment system along with hundreds of others when attempting to book an Auckland to Singapore special. Someone complained on TV and got their ticket but when I got back to them again afterwards they still refused to honor the deal...

Fly with Jetstar? No way. They are the only Airline I have true hatred for.

Good news for Melbourne people, expect a lot more bogan footy shorts around the pools in Phuket. Hope they also put on a SYD - BKK direct flight.

Right,no bogans or yobbos in Sydney, i forgot.

Sydney has plenty of yobbos, as does Brisbane and Perth. They've also all got beach cultures, so the average bogans probably owns a pair of board shorts or budgie smugglers. From my experience living in Melbourne, footy shorts are standard dress for not only playing footy in, but for swimming, shopping and going to the pub in. I even had a guy turn up to a job interview in a tight-fitting pair of navy blues, I shit you not. Just an observation.