Bangkok suggestions for large family

junglechef

Want 4 night stay in BKK w/4 kids, a few Thai ladies and one American guy (me). Thought it might be good if could find one large room ( don't need to cook) or apt or service hotel etc. Will be traveling around city and vicinity by own car and taxi depending on plan for that day so open to different locations. Suan Sayam (the big amusement park) and any other suggestions for fun activities is the kind of place we will be going. Any help?

Edited by junglechef

Oak wood service apartment has got good prices and 2 bedroom units mate

Close to the BTS ...if cost is a factor since its a big group ...the Ibis is also good value and well located at the BTS area

Kids would enjoy Wat Arun area if they have not been to Bangkok before lots of good street food to keep everyone happy and some nice places to chill for the adults at tea cafes overlooking the river

• Like 1

I never stayed in Bangkok with a family so I can't help you with the hotel. If I was staying with kids I would take at least one morning trip to Lumphini Park. Lots of space for them to run around and they had paddle-boats (and other boats) for rent on the ponds there also. Just make sure that they don't get too close when saying hello to one of the bigger Monitor Lizards! If you don't want to drive or take a taxi, you can take the MRT and go to the Si Lom Station. Go out Exit 1 of the Si Lom Station.

• Like 1

If your budget permits the best place to stay is at The Davis on Soi 24. In the back they have Thai style houses of 2-5 bedrooms with full living areas and kitchens. I can't recall the exact price but it is about 8-9,000 Baht for a 3 bedroom. Private pool and jacuzzi and separate entrance. The homes themselves are well built and well maintained.