UK PS3 with Thai Games?

Bmouthboyo

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before. i bought my UK PS3 with me when I moved here. I would like some new games , last of us and GTA V. Can i get PAL games here ? Should i buy in UK and get family to post here? Or can i play NTSC asian games OK?

I read that most games work but online and DLC is region locked. i like to play with my mates jn europe so not sure best course of action?

Cheers

Games themselves are region free. You can buy any game here and play it on your PS3.

Online games are played on international servers so there's no problem to play games with your friends, no matter which version you have. Even if they would be on local servers it wouldn't matter for you as your UK console would automatically connect to the UK servers.

The only issue you might have is for download content as most of it is locked to the region of the game. So if you get a game that is lets say Hong Kong version, you need to download the new content from the Hong Kong store. I think I read this doesn't apply to GTA V, so better double check on this one.