Old software

brownknees

I have an ADS video to PC convertor.This company no longer exsists,any idea where I can find software for it as the driver does not work?Also have a Microtek 35mm scanner and the software does not work on Windows 7.I still have it on my old laptop but very inconvenient!

Chicog's idea is probably your last hope. I have had so many things become obsolete because the manufacturer didn't support new drivers for new operating systems. For instance, I have a relatively new and good all-in-one printer, scanner, document feeder etc. It worked fine with the Win 7 32 bit that came with the computer. I wanted more ram so wiped the hdd and installed 64 bit. No driver available. Off to the store to buy a new printer. Sucks.

I could have kept a 32 bit box on the network, moved the doc to it and printed it, but life should be simple. You do have that option.

why don't you install a virtual machine? let run an old school xp inside a virtual box? use the old drivers.smile.png

A virtualmachine wont expose the host hardware in most cases.

Good idea for old software but not old hardware.

hate to agree , but to disagree. simply tell the vm what hardware it is running on. most of all old hadware systems are supported, you can even rebuild a zx81 or siclair if you like, including the i/o stack

This makes 7 % processor load but who cares, today?

edit: Sinclair Spectrumbiggrin.png

Edited by JakeBKK

why don't you install a virtual machine? let run an old school xp inside a virtual box? use the old drivers.smile.png

A virtualmachine wont expose the host hardware in most cases.

Good idea for old software but not old hardware.

Virtualbox can find USB devices if you ask it to. Not a big problem--my printer and scanner both work from my XP virtualbox guest. I installed the printer there before I got it running under the Linux host, which was a pain. Caveat is while the guest is running they don't work under the host. Moot point if they can't run w/ the host anyway.