TGF holiday visa to US -no assets!

Hey guys, I was hoping to bring my gf back to the US with me for Christmas this year, and we in the midst of gathering everything together for the visa application.

One glaring problem is her lack of assets. She has a car, but its in her brothers name. She does have a job with a decent salary and got a letter from the company (news channel) explaining her employment, and that the letter is valid for 6 months (which encompasses the time of our trip). However she has only been at this job for a little less than 2 years.

I'm hoping that my status makes up for her lack of assets. Ive worked here for 6 years and will send her with my work permit, contract, visa extension, condo rental contract, etc. I will also have a letter from my father in his company letterhead saying that she is coming to visit for holiday. I've also printed up my flight itineraries from the past 6 years showing that I visit the US every Christmas before returning to BKK for work. We will also have a short picture book that shows our relationship over the past 4 years.

What do you think our chances are? Is there anything I'm forgetting or anything else I should try to get? I appreciate any and all advice!!

thanks!

As time is running short to get a US tourist visa for Christmas 2013, a Plan B might be Christmas-in-Bermuda -- Bermuda: tourist visa is not required for citizens of Thailand for a stay up to 180 days.

Edited by JLCrab

If you are based here in Thailand, working with Work Permit, and such, I think she'll have a pretty good chance of getting the visa. The presumption of the interviewing ConOff is often that her stay in the U.S. is tied to your stay, and since you're coming back, she will, too.

When she goes for the interview, BE SURE that she has your original passport and Work Permit in hand and right on top of anything else she might present to the interviewer. Put one of those highlight tabs on your passport's page with your visa extension and Re-Entry Permit so it shows up easily to the interviewer.

If you do a TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN cover letter, keep it short, just say:

-- she's your girlfriend of x years

-- You're working here with Work Permit and Thai Immigration visa extensions for x years.

-- Taking a short visit to US as you usually do, but this time with her. Coming back xx January.

What ever else she takes with her might not even get looked at.

Mac

• Like 1

If you are based here in Thailand, working with Work Permit, and such, I think she'll have a pretty good chance of getting the visa. The presumption of the interviewing ConOff is often that her stay in the U.S. is tied to your stay, and since you're coming back, she will, too.

When she goes for the interview, BE SURE that she has your original passport and Work Permit in hand and right on top of anything else she might present to the interviewer. Put one of those highlight tabs on your passport's page with your visa extension and Re-Entry Permit so it shows up easily to the interviewer.

If you do a TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN cover letter, keep it short, just say:

-- she's your girlfriend of x years

-- You're working here with Work Permit and Thai Immigration visa extensions for x years.

-- Taking a short visit to US as you usually do, but this time with her. Coming back xx January.

What ever else she takes with her might not even get looked at.

Mac

Remember SHE, NOT you must show why she will return to Thailand. Money and assists in themselves are not a guaranty. Does she have parents, siblings or children, if so show it. How strong is your relationship. If she can does this she is in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

She got denied. We're crushed.

There was one farang officer who she said was friendly and seemed to be approving others rather quickly, but when my gf's queue number was called she got a very curt, strict officer who just looked at her previous denial from 2007 and that was it. She never had a chance. Apparently she glanced quickly at our letters, said something about them not being strong enough, then sent her on her way without going through any other pieces of the mountain of supporting evidence we brought.

f***.